what is the fastest single kick drum pedal?

ae5

• Members

Originally posted by Chabo

Ya know dude, you could just combine all of your replies into one post instead of making 20 posts replying to each person who said something in the thread.

yes, i could.

next

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ae5

yea for the 9000's i might go to the $250 per pedal i suppose. i'd rather get something particularly bad ass and have that and blow an extra $100 than not and forever lust after that 9000.

Keep in mind that the DW9000's are limited edition

and only 500 singles and 500 doubles were made,

So if you want them you shouldn't wait too long

They're also a little higher than $250, my latest MF

catalog has them for $269... and they list for damn near $450 :eek: :eek:

• Members

a good drummer can play fast with any decent pedal!

so looks to me like you depend on equipment to make you fast. Which is bad. you suck. since you're such a loser and saying "{censored} off" to anybody who tries to help, go get a duallist pedal, after all, it is a single pedal. I tried it out today, and switching between single/double modes is very cool... go get it loser!

• Members

Originally posted by Bigjohn

Keep in mind that the DW9000's are limited edition

and only 500 singles and 500 doubles were made,

So if you want them you shouldn't wait too long

They're also a little higher than $250, my latest MF

catalog has them for $269... and they list for damn near $450
:eek:
:eek:

yea that explains why i can't find them anywhere. hmmm. might try out those axis's

• Members

Originally posted by Mopzilla

a good drummer can play fast with any decent pedal!

yes thank you for telling me what i could not have possibly figured out for myself

so looks to me like you depend on equipment to make you fast.

actually i don't even play drums, this kit i'm buying is mainly for my drummer (i play guitar) though i do love playing drums and have always wanted a kit but never could have one because i live in an apartment (owned a kit back when i lived with my parrents and loved every minute of it for the 6 months i owned it) but now i'm buying an electronic kit so i can play in my apartment and my drummer and i can practice in an apartment when we move to sf instead of paying $800 a month for a practice space. and so i need a kick pedal. and as we play very fast metal stuff i want a pedal capable of moving very fast as the pedals i've used have varied in how fast they are, and since they vary i want to get one which is at least more easily capable of going very fast. i mean no {censored}ing {censored} i depends on how fast i move it, do you seriously think i didn't know that or i needed your ingenious ass to tell me that? like i'm now going to just go get any crap ass pedal and practice practice practice till i can move it as fast as i want? the point is i buy a GOOD/FAST pedal, THEN practice (again it's mainly for my drummer as i'm basicly just having it to {censored} around with)so that (he) can play much faster.

can you deny it is easier to play faster with a fast pedal than with a slow one? and even a good drummer is better sounding on better equipment?

Which is bad. you suck. since you're such a loser and saying "{censored} off" to anybody who tries to help,

the point is THEY'RE NOT TRYING TO HELP, they're just trying to feel high and mighty and condescend to me. oh they are so wise and learned, yet they can't provide a usefull suggestion to save their lives, instead they spout the tried and true bull{censored} obvious "advice" of "just try them all out, sheesh, buy what you like" and "a good drummer can play good on anything". this in no way helps my search for a kick drum pedal. it just exposes that they either don't know what the {censored} they're talking about and so they cop out with "uh, just try everything and then whatever you like is what works for you" or they're so goddamn elitist they require you already know and or own the better equipment before they'll even discuss it with you

i mean what the {censored} do forums like this exist for if not discussions like these? you peopel act like i have no right to ask a simple question like "suggest a fast kick pedal".

go get a duallist pedal, after all, it is a single pedal. I tried it out today, and switching between single/double modes is very cool... go get it loser!

a dualist pedal is a single pedal? i shall check it out. thanks. see was that so hard?

• Members

Originally posted by Dash OH drummer

Also, why bite the head off of people who're just trying to help? Personally I don't share any information I have with people who act like dicks on the board.

because they're not trying to help. they're trying to feel all superior while not providing any usefull advice at all and that is one of my pet peeves.

people that cannot provide a usefull suggestion should not post on a thread let alone act condescending to the thread started/question asker for asking the question in the first place.

again, what do forums like this exist for? we're not supposed to ask questions about equipment because "a good drummer can play anything well"? or ask for suggestions because you should "just try them all out and see which ones you like"? i mean a good drummer probably wouldn't need to ever ask questions so why does a forum like this exist? to make the more knowledgable feel good about themselves by condescending anyone who asks a question?

• Members

ae5, the reason the guys are saying try them all

out is that what may be the fastest pedal to me,

may feel slow and sluggish to Dash, and vise-versa

Never before has there been such a wide range of

high-quality pedals to choose from, and they are

all highly adjustable.

If some of us drummers were to go over to the

guitar forum and ask:

"what is the fastest playing guitar out there?"

I'm sure some of them say whatever model they

play is fastest, while others would say to try them

all out and still others would say "Speed is in the

fingers, Dude"

So ae5, what is the fastest playing guitar anyways?

:D

• Members

all highly adjustable.

guitar forum and ask:

fingers, Dude"

I got a question for BIG JOHN,did you ever play with the DW 9000s or do you own them?I personally love the Axis X pedal,I have a single & a double set up,but I'm always open to trying out other pedals especially if they're superior to whatever is out there.In some cases as you know,a pedal being super fast is not always whats best for a drummer,by that I mean sometimes the pedal is just to fast & the control & feel of the pedal is all wrong,in the end you wind up asking yourself why is it this pedal has no proper feel,& why is it that you cannot control it the way you'd like,also sometimes to many adjustments can be nothing but an experience in frustration,& a complete waste of time.

• Members

Originally posted by DRUMZZ

I got a question for BIG JOHN,did you ever play with the DW 9000s or do you own them?I personally love the Axis X pedal,I have a single & a double set up,but I'm always open to trying out other pedals especially if they're superior to whatever is out there.In some cases as you know,a pedal being super fast is not always whats best for a drummer,by that I mean sometimes the pedal is just to fast & the control & feel of the pedal is all wrong,in the end you wind up asking yourself why is it this pedal has no proper feel,& why is it that you cannot control it the way you'd like,also sometimes to many adjustments can be nothing but an experience in frustration,& a complete waste of time.

I haven't played the DW's yet, but I've heard nothing but

great things about them, but they're WAY out of my budget

I play an Eliminator right now and I love it, and today I

got to play an Axis double pedal for the first time, the

spring tension was way too loose for my liking, but it is a

pretty damn smooth pedal, if I had one set up to the

way I like it, I'm sure it would be pure joy :)

• Members

I haven't played the DW's yet, but I've heard nothing but

great things about them, but they're WAY out of my budget

I play an Eliminator right now and I love it, and today I

got to play an Axis double pedal for the first time, the

spring tension was way too loose for my liking, but it is a

pretty damn smooth pedal, if I had one set up to the

way I like it, I'm sure it would be pure joy
:)

Thanks for the reply,was the Axis an X pedal or an A.The A is a bit FASTER,but it's a very difficult pedal to setup up properly,the X is fine with me,extremely fast & extremely smooth,I have an Eliminator as well which I don't like,my friend has the same pedal & I love his pedal,GO FIGURE,anyway the AXIS pedals I have are fabulous,fast as hell,SOMETIMES to fast.

• Members

all highly adjustable.

guitar forum and ask:

fingers, Dude"

i see what you're saying. thanks.

by the way: a bc rich usa handmade is typicly very fast. set up properly of course.

• Members

The pedal that has the fastest foot on top of it
;)

Indeed.

Just get good pedal settings, then it doesn't make much difference what pedal your using.

i want to know which ones to look for to try.

For gods sake, every pedal is OK as long as you keep good settings. BTW. you can't compare pedals if they haven't got the same settings.

Response is about settings! So take a pedal that you can adjust to your prefered settings! Most single pedals are just VERY ok. Even cheap pedals from about 60 dollar can be played VERY fast, they only have less setting possibilities... But maybe you don't need that. So just try some out, WHY BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONE IF YOU LIKE A CHEAPER ONE. That's why we can't freakin recomment you one.

I'd say look for Iron Cobra's, because they aren't very expensive and you can adjust very much things of the pedal...

• Members

Originally posted by Yokozuna

Just get good pedal settings, then it doesn't make much difference what pedal your using.

Yes it does... I used to use the black cams on my Pearl Eliminator pedal, but recently I tried using the blue one just to feel the difference again. It played much better and faster then I used to.

That same difference is with the Tama Power Glide or Rolling Glide. Probably other manufacterers offer different pedals with different (non switchable) cams. They all feel different and that might just make your playing a little faster or slower.

After all I'm really happy with my Pearls. I started with the normal cam because that suited my feet best, and somehow my feet like the blue cam better, and it doesn't make me want to buy a new pedal.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

ye he may sound like an ass but he asked a very simple question and hes not getting an answer. basically there are some pedals which are clearly faster. when u start bull{censored}ting about tension and belts and finish with "but its up to personal preference" it basically means u want to sound clever without admitting u dont have a clue. i would also like to see an answer to this shizzle. is the DW5000TD3 the fastest? the reason i ask is because its the latest dw pedal and it has "turbo" in its name. and yes i dont know {censored} about drum pedals.

• Members

I just recently purchased the Trick Pro 1-V and I have to say it is the best pedal I have ever played. It's very fast and controllable. It's highly adjustable too! It also has some unique features that no other pedal has and is built like a tank. By the way it's a direct drive pedal. Before it I had Flexi Glide Iron Corbra and DW 5000/9000. As far as price goes it is probably the most expensive single/double pedal on the market. I paid $325 for mine at Interstate Music.

• Members

ye he may sound like an ass but he asked a very simple question and hes not getting an answer. basically there are some pedals which are clearly faster. when u start bull{censored}ting about tension and belts and finish with "but its up to personal preference" it basically means u want to sound clever without admitting u dont have a clue. i would also like to see an answer to this shizzle. is the DW5000TD3 the fastest? the reason i ask is because its the latest dw pedal and it has "turbo" in its name. and yes i dont know {censored} about drum pedals.

He switched to guitar in 2003. He's now looking for the fastest wah-wah pedal.

• Members

dude...what are ya doing?

I know you're new but just start a new thread...what's with resurrecting the dead?

Archived