Agile AL-3K Neck-thru vs Mahogany Neck

i386

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you are so worried about one report of problems with an Agile then I wonder why you wouldn't be crapping your pants over the Gibson QC problems?

Whenevr I see a report of a Gibson breaking its because it fell and the headstock broke. the owner didnt put it on a stand like it should be. instead they leaned it on somthing it fell and broke. Owners fault. But i saw how that Agile's neck just destructed out of nowhere.

• Members

Whenevr I see a report of a Gibson breaking its because it fell and the headstock broke. the owner didnt put it on a stand like it should be. instead they leaned it on somthing it fell and broke. Owners fault. But i saw how that Agile's neck just destructed out of nowhere.

You, sir, saw somebody telling a story as fact when in fact they were hallucinating. Guitars don't just fall apart, even {censored}ty plywood First Acts.

• Members

40, that is a {censored} argument and you know it..

its weak.. for that one incident, there are perhaps 300 or so guitars that more then pass muster... and im pretty frucking sure i can find a issue posted about gibby QC as well and fender or any guitar company... you are taking the exception and making it a rule and then you are applying that rule to the whole of the line,,, you really are a troll..

my only point here is all guitar companies can have QC issues... im not slamming gibby.. but seems like they let a few past the inspection too.. but this may require you to read.. so only if your up to it.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=678941

i have a modest agile 2000 and i will flat out say that for 200 bucks its an amazing guitar and i will stand behind the tone of it.. its all on my sound click page...

and hell i will stand by the looks of it too... its a fine guitar...

4178859958_b48c5f0612_z.jpg

• Members

Again, a guy in that same thread reported the exact same thing happening to his Gibson. So what's your {censored}ing point other than a pathetic attempt to troll?

EXACTLY! The guy with what seems like the only problem with agile is defending agile!! So why don't you show us another example of Agile being crap? Because i would really like to see it.

• Members

40, that is a {censored} argument and you know it..

its weak.. for that one incident, there are perhaps 300 or so guitars that more then pass muster... and im pretty frucking sure i can find a issue posted about gibby QC as well and fender or any guitar company... you are taking the exception and making it a rule and then you are applying that rule to the whole of the line,,, you really are a troll..

my only point here is all guitar companies can have QC issues... im not slamming gibby.. but seems like they let a few past the inspection too.. but this may require you to read.. so only if your up to it.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=678941

i have a modest agile 2000 and i will flat out say that for 200 bucks its an amazing guitar and i will stand behind the tone of it.. its all on my sound click page...

and hell i will stand by the looks of it too... its a fine guitar...

4178859958_b48c5f0612_z.jpg

If you ever played a gibson you'll feel that that neck is stone solid, it feels more solid than other Les Paul copies. I know because I side by side compared it to a Ibanez sz, epiphone, PRS Se. In each case the Gibson felt more solid, the others felt like you can bend the neck. I bet that FR-Agile has a bendy neck too.

• Members

If you ever played a gibson you'll feel that that neck is stone solid, it feels more solid than other Les Paul copies. I know because I side by side compared it to a Ibanez sz, epiphone, PRS Se. In each case the Gibson felt more solid, the others felt like you can bend the neck. I bet that FR-Agile has a bendy neck too.

Just compared my Gibson LP Studio to my Epi and there was no discernable difference in the amount of bending. Both necks feel solid.

• Members

Funny, I tried to bend the neck on my Agile and nothing happened..

I tried to bend the neck on my gibson and it snapped in two....hmm.

Out of all my guitars only my 2 Gibsons are falling apart, and they were among the most expensive, go figure.

Gibson normally makes a good guitar and all, but i don't see what all the fuss is about..

You can most certainly expect the quality of a $1k guitar on that neck through Agile...

If someone wants to quote me CORRECTLY this time, you can quote me on that...

You will not get $1k quality on an SX guitar, is what I said... Agile has guitars for

over $1k, I think they are most certainly also $1k quality...

• Members

Funny, I tried to bend the neck on my Agile and nothing happened..

I tried to bend the neck on my gibson and it snapped in two....hmm.

Out of all my guitars only my 2 Gibsons are falling apart, and they were among the most expensive, go figure.

Gibson normally makes a good guitar and all, but i don't see what all the fuss is about..

You can most certainly expect the quality of a $1k guitar on that neck through Agile...

If someone wants to quote me CORRECTLY this time, you can quote me on that...

You will not get $1k quality on an SX guitar, is what I said... Agile has guitars for

over $1k, I think they are most certainly also $1k quality...

Sure thing, Kurt.

• Members

:lol:
Well i guess it's only right that he calls you Kurt if it's your real name. Because we call Ian by his real name all the time
:eek:

If i really was Kurt from Rondo I would/should be banned for having a 2nd account...

if moderators even check for that stuff anymore.... hint.hint.

• Members

If i really was Kurt from Rondo I would/should be banned for having a 2nd account...

if moderators even check for that stuff anymore.... hint.hint.

Oh i see i thought he found out your real name or something...talk about stalker :eek: Plus i don't think Kurt got banned did he? I don't see him post too much. Jay either for that matter.

• Members

Oh i see i thought he found out your real name or something...talk about stalker
:eek:
Plus i don't think Kurt got banned did he? I don't see him post too much. Jay either for that matter.

kurt stopped posting a few years ago, afaik, before I joined.

He got input from harmonycentral for a new model guitar, which is now a regular model.

The "Harm" as in "harmonycentral".

and i was referring to the fact that some people try to curb getting banned by starting another account..

or try to come back after getting banned with a different account name...

• Members

kurt stopped posting a few years ago, afaik, before I joined.

He got input from harmonycentral for a new model guitar, which is now a regular model.

The "Harm" as in "harmonycentral".

and i was referring to the fact that some people try to curb getting banned by starting another account..

or try to come back after getting banned with a different account name...

I see i should check out that Harm guitar then. Yeah i knew what you meant i was just making sure because i heard about Rondo's salesman i just never actually talked to him. I think i talked to Jay at Guitarfetish once but he just told me a guitar body i wanted had been discontinued :mad:

But I never talked to the original Ian though. it seems like a lot of you regulars knew him as a troll. He must have started more than one account though, because i remember you guys calling him that a while ago on 2.0 and he was banned almost immediately.

• Members

Actually, your comment reflects your ignorance of the guitar world. Many Gibson's head stocks have been known to crack or break when there was no known trauma to the guitar, but because of the 17 degree headstock angle, the one piece neck, and the resulting grain runout. Of course, if you knew anything about guitars or the construction of guitars, you would already know this, or at least understand this. Have I mentioned the issues of the Norlin Les Pauls that have body separation issues, or the cracking of Fender neck pockets?

You like to use the example of ONE guitar (a $200.00 guitar that became the poster's favorite) that had a scarf joint separation after nearly 5 years of gigging as an example. If you had ever gigged, you would know that anything out there for that long has probably been dropped, knocked off the stand, or used as a weapon of self defense more times that the owner could ever count. Also, there was a thread where Kurt did warrantee a several year old guitar failure.

You really shouldn't post about things that you don't understand.:facepalm:

• Members

I admit that does look cool, but I'd be afraid of that sumbitch falling apart.

I've got an AL-3500 and I can assure you that it ain't falling apart without power tools. :lol:

I didn't buy into the Agile Kool-Aid for quite a while until I ran across this one at the local GC and while I'm not sure about the entire product line I can attest to this being insanely substantial and the fit and finish weren't just good they're stellar. Besides the fretwork being perfect (it was used so it could have been set up) the bone nut is cut perfectly. That's one of the biggest issues IMHO on most imports.

I'd buy another one without hesitation. If they had one of those AL-3100's with that neck joint and a floyd rose I'd probably place the order. Kind of like an Axcess, but about $2500 cheaper.

• Members

If you ever played a gibson you'll feel that that neck is stone solid, it feels more solid than other Les Paul copies. I know because I side by side compared it to a Ibanez sz, epiphone, PRS Se. In each case the Gibson felt more solid, the others felt like you can bend the neck.
I bet that FR-Agile has a bendy neck too

Once again, it's an absolute rock. I'm not just saying this because I own one now and want people to think I'm cool. I've got an SG with a 50's profile that's got more give than this.

One thing I noticed about the Agile is that the angle for the headstock isn't as sharp either. Not really sure if that makes a difference in anything, but I don't think that it'd break as easily as a Gibson at the nut. There's a lot more meat around that problem area. I've also got an LP that's got a 60's profile and it's definetly got more give than the Agile. I kind of like it though.

Archived