• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone

View Post

Here is my Tokai and an original 1969 Fender Paisley Red Telecaster

IMG_0624-5-2.jpg28KGrHqYOKkIE6Q294S8hSBPLCw6ziz60_57-1.j

IMG_0625-3.jpg28KGrHqYOKkIE6Q294S8hSBPLCw6ziz60_57-2.j

What I know about classic Fenders could fit in a thimble, but am I the only forumite to be surprised that an, "original '69", Tele would have a maple fretboard--without a filler strip on the back of the neck ("skunk-stripe")?

That would imply a separate maple fretboard and maple neck, and I didn't think that Fender would have done that in 1969 (I know lots of manufacturers do that in the modern era).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by headless

View Post

What I know about classic Fenders could fit in a thimble, but am I the only forumite to be surprised that an, "original '69", Tele would have a maple fretboard--without a filler strip on the back of the neck ("skunk-stripe")?

That would imply a separate maple fretboard and maple neck, and I didn't think that Fender would have done that in 1969 (I know lots of manufacturers do that in the modern era).

Here is another "68 tele with a neck like that

p6_utl2jlusb_so.jpg

p1_unm4yjtyq_so.jpg

p2_uy1o3lewv_so.jpg

p4_u3lkot5uk_so.jpg

• Members

I don't know why it is that when fender reissued these guitars in Japan they changed the color from it's original "Paisley Red" to "Pink Paisley"? Maybe it was because most of the original copies had become so faded they look more like pink than the original red. Below is a photo of the original Fender ad for the 1968 Paisley Red Telecaster and Bass

PaisleyTele.jpg

StreamImageaspx.jpg

Hey "headless", notice that the neck of the bass has a skunk stripe so I don't know why the teles don't have one too?

• Members

holy crap thats amazing!

lack of skunk stripe and headstock plug means its a 2 piece neck, in 1969 you could get either 1 piece or 2 piece maple necks (or rosewood)

so they are probably just showing that by having both in the pic.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserMatt

View Post

HNGD!!! I love it, but boy do I hate it when morons get rid of the logo for some reason... grrrr..... LOL

Thanks! Yeah I hate it to.I don't know whether to find a replacement decal or just leave it as a "mystery tele".

DSCF3090-1-2-1.jpgp1_unm4yjtyq_so-1-1.jpg

DSCF3103-1-4-1.jpgp6_utl2jlusb_so-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserMatt

View Post

Edit: I bet the fernandes strat is awesome...

It's a great strat and probably the guitar I play the most. I felt a little guilty because when I got the tele it only came with a gigbag so I stole the strats case for the tele and banished the strat to the gigbag.

DSCF3185.jpg

But it's too nice a guitar to keep in a cheap gigbag so yesterday I got it it's own case

DSCF3187.jpg

• Members

There is an ATE-67 at Chris's Guitars

At Chris's Guitars

"Hey Tokai collectors, or paisley fans - this one is a real beauty. The Tokai ATE-'67 is a very well made recreation of the 60's Fender Paisley Tele made famous by the great James Burton, and more recently by Brad Paisley. The defining feature is obviously the paisley finish, which is actually a foil with multiple coats of clear coat on top. You can A/B this with a vintage Fender from the era and realize that the process is identical and now at 27 years old, this one has that vintage patina and looks very close to a 60's model. Features include 2pc alder body with one-piece maple neck, U-shaped neck profile, vintage style tuners, single coil C.A.R. (California Accurate Reproduction) pickups, bridge pickup factory wax dipped, vintage radius, vintage frets, transparent pickguard, vintage style 3-salddle bridge. This guitar is in stunning condition which indicates it hasn't seen a lot of playing time. It sounds like a Tele should with plenty of twang and an ample sustain. You don't see many of these around, especially with the original tweed case, and this one is definitely one of the good ones. Nice Tele for $799"

tokai85ate-67paisleytele.jpg

tokai85ate-67paisleytele2.jpg

tokai85ate-67paisleytele4.jpg

tokai85ate-67paisleytele3.jpg

tokai85ate-67paisleytele5.jpg

catalog-tokai85-86tele.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived