I bought a Rickenbacker 325v59

fuzztone

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone View Post
Whoops,my bad,I meant 325v59.I corrected the title. What years did they make these? Mine is a '96.
According to Bacon and Day the first year for the 325v59 was 1982. The first year for the "C Series" was 2002. There may have been a year or so in between the models as I can't find an exact discontinue date for the "V Series".

I believe mine is a 97 although I can't tell for sure as it carries the SN V81.

cid_BF246603-F61B-46F8-A0E8-24C94B8.jpg

• Members

Thanks! Yours looks awesome.Did you "Lennonize" yourself? Great job!

I bought this guitar online from a Guitar Center store so I won't get it till next Wednesday. Can't wait. This is the guitar I wanted since I bought a copy of "Something New,Something New" at EJ Korvettes in '64 ($2.98 for Mono). It wasn't until I saw this album cover that I found out that John had a second "3/4" Rickenbacker with a gold pickguard.It was sort of a revelation when I saw it.We didn't have a color TV and I think Ed Sullivan was still in Black and White anyway.

139524.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by brianeharmonjr View Post
That is frightening, but back to guitars.... I had a mapleglo c58, and it is the guitar I regret selling more than anything else. I've been searching for a 320 to fill the hole recently. I REALLY miss that little thing. Congrats on your find!
Thanks! I felt the same way about the Jetglo c58 I used to own. I just couldn't get along with the Kaufman vibrato so I sold it to a guy in a Beatles cover band. He did the full Lennon conversion to that guitar.

My v59 may not be a totally accurate reissue but I think it is pretty cool in it's own right.

DSCF4355.jpg

• Members

Jeff's old Rick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 381 View Post
According to Bacon and Day the first year for the 325v59 was 1982. The first year for the "C Series" was 2002. There may have been a year or so in between the models as I can't find an exact discontinue date for the "V Series".

I believe mine is a 97 although I can't tell for sure as it carries the SN V81.

cid_BF246603-F61B-46F8-A0E8-24C94B8.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone View Post
Thanks! I felt the same way about the Jetglo c58 I used to own. I just couldn't get along with the Kaufman vibrato so I sold it to a guy in a Beatles cover band. He did the full Lennon conversion to that guitar.

My v59 may not be a totally accurate reissue but I think it is pretty cool in it's own right.

DSCF4355.jpg
Is that a Bob Forrest avatar?

If so, you're my hero.

Archived