Show me your Yamaha SG (gibson fans this is not for you)

bodezeffas

• Members

Here's my SG-2000. Just bought it from a dealer over in Japan last week. I love this guitar, plays and sounds amazing, and is in great condition, with zero fret wear. I took the pickguard off. I think it's a 1980 model, maybe a bit earlier.

You may be able to find out the year of manufacture of your guitar by using this link: Yamaha Serial Wizard Link

It looks nice with the pickguard off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried that site to try to date my LP-400 but it kept coming up invalid serial number yet thats whats on the back of the headstock.
Also...the pickups in it do not have a date stamped onto them so that doesn`t always work. My SG-800 p`ups have a date though.

• Members
I tried that site to try to date my LP-400 but it kept coming up invalid serial number yet thats whats on the back of the headstock.

Also...the pickups in it do not have a date stamped onto them so that doesn`t always work. My SG-800 p`ups have a date though.

Now that you mention it, I don't think it worked for me either. :D

I remember emailing the support guys at Yamaha US and they responded with the manufacture year. I actually haven't taken anything apart on my Yammy since I've had it.

It was in tune and intonated perfectly so I haven't messed with it other than to change strings.

• Members

Yeah, the serial # wizard didn't work for me either. I might have Duncans put in it, so I will check the pickups when they are out. The dealer in Japan seemed to think it was around an 80' or 81'. I tell you, I really love this guitar, I had heard good things about them and now I know why! Still, I really want that SG-175 that Rabcnesbitt posted earlier in the thread!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Guys
New to the forums here. I live in Australia and due to having too many guitars, the wife wants me to sell a couple. One of them on offer is a Yamaha SBG 3000 from the 80s. It's in perfect condition comes with the OHSC and has a spare brass scratch plate. It's the black with speckles in it. No scratches on it and still has the paper covering on the plates at the back.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line here and we can have a chat about price etc.

Shall I post some pics on here?

Hope you are all well.

See ya
lovegonesuicide

• Members
I've had several Yamaha SG's over the years. Sadly most of them have gone now - my rolling guitar collection has been reduced to 5 (hard to justify keeping 20 guitars lying around). Of that 5, 2 are SG's, one is an SG-3000 (given to me as a gift) and the other is this SG-175. It may be rolling off too soon, as it's in such good condition that I rarely play it.

IMG_1282.jpg

can I have it please? :)

(hey, worth a shot)

• Members
8^)

I gotta get some new pics of these, but here they are.....

Yamahas_lineup.jpg

Yamaha sbg2000(roughly 1984) and it's baby brother SBG200......

Wade

ps nice collection you have OP!

I just purchased a used 80s SBG200 lefty. Has not come in yet. How do you like yours?

• 3 months later...
  • Members
IMG137-1.jpg

Hi. Loving the SG love basically!!! quality!!! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice. I inherited my SG2000s some 8 years ago from a friend, and I am still currently trying to work out the age. It has clearly been used, dunks and scratches etc, which I love - gives it character. I have a serial number - knhi 073. Its got 'push push' tone switches, but is a SG2000s, so suggests made in the 80's - however, i didn't think they had push push tone switches at during this time. Does anyone know the age or value?

Nice - Chris

(if you want to hear my bad boy miked up through my mesaboogie, check out http://www.chrisbarnsdac.com)

Archived