how to sell a guitar with damaged neck?

formosa

• Members

I acquired a guitar several years ago and decided to try to sell it because it's been sitting in storage and it's not being played. The guitar plays fine, but it has some damaging a cracking around the neck area. It's an Ibanez archtop type guitar. The neck seems to be fully intact all the way around. I'm not sure how to fix it, if it can even be fixed, or really what to do it to. I tried selling it to GC, but they passed on it because of the damange.

• Members

Your ad should look like this:

>used ibanez "arch top style hollow body

>some cracks around the neck joint but plays fine( I can provide further pics upon request

>sold as is, what you see is how it comes

>$400 OBO

>contact me @xxx-xxx-xxxx

>sorry the pics in the ad were taken with a potato

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

formosa,

Similarly bad news came my way when I dropped off a Takamine guitar I bought for a couple hundred dollars and it was going to be my go-to story for the best deal ever.  The guitar had fallen on stage so I expected a few hundred dollars to replace some tuners and a I wanted a special (to me) set-up.  The repair man looked at it and said, 'do you know this will also need a new neck?'  My jaw dropped.  This is what I did and it's my advice to you.  I knew this shop repaired damaged guitars in their spare time.  I looked around and grabbed two very nice leather guitar straps, two pks of strings, a 'lunch box' amp, and some polish, and asked him if he would call it an even trade.  He did.

Good Luck!  I hope your story turns out even better than mine.

Archived