Nov 2013 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS Options

Frets99

• Members

The DBZ Cavallo is a V style guitar with 22 frets on an ebonized rosewood fretboard. The Custom-wound DBZB and DBZ5 pickups just sound great. The Grover Tuners and Floyd Rose Tremolo complete the package and make this V guitar a step above the rest. This guitar has the looks and the quality. Get yours while they last!

• Pickups: DBZB/DBZ5 Pickups cavallero.jpg
  • Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Locking Tremolo 
  • Neck: 22 fret 24.75" scale set neck with soft V shape and Premier Series inlays 
  • Binding: Black binding with Pearloid Purfling 
  • Set Neck / 24.75

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

Fender Mustang V HD 150W Guitar Amp Head and 4x12 Guitar Speaker Cabinet ~ $292.70

Fender Mustang V 150w Head and 4x12 Cabinet

Fender Mustang V Head and 4x12 cabinet

This is a "Flash Deal: on guitar Center website, which states "in store only".

Guitar Center Flash Deals

I checked the Guitar Center stores through the online search on their website and found that no stores stock them, according to the website. So this package is only available through shipping from warehouse distribution to store or home, which invalidates the sale price, so you have to use a loophole to obtain this deal, which I will demonstrate.

The way to get this deal is through a price match. You may have to do multiple attempts, and it may not work for everyone. But for those it does work for, they will get a great deal.

I submitted a "beat this price" price match request on website, not phone, at WWBW and at Music 123

I received a response from WWBW, they beat the Guitar Center sale price, and I just ordered this package. So it does work.

Do keep in mind that this is the original Mustang series, and not the newer Version 2 that recently came out. So they are clearance items, with limited amount available, and are being phased out for the V2 models. I did not find any difference in specs or features under a cursory comparison between this version and the newer V2 series.

Good luck if you do decide to purchase one of these deals.

• Members

Not to rebut, but the GC Mustang deal IS for the V2 version, as I checked at more than one Chicago-area store (the stock number on the ad, and the ad signage, matches the stock number for the V2 head - not to mention that the signage was on top of the V2 set ;) ).

Having said the above, though, if you can get a PM from an online vendor, especially to avoid tax and possibly shipping, jump on it.

I can't say enough about how good the Mustangs are. If you can handle a 4x12 cab, it's a great deal.

• Members

Still waiting to see, myself. During the great Baked Maple Scare, I got 3 new Gibsons (Les Paul Studio, 70's SG tribute and 60's Les paul Tribute) for a steal, though I don't think were going to see the same crazy prices this time...

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed

• Members

I don't think you're going to find the guitar deals like last year. As I recall, the "steals" last year were from zzounds (and a couple at samash) but by way of the 150% price match via Musician's Friend. Guitar Center had some good deals on closeout Gibsons with baked maple fretboards *in store only*, but nothing like zzounds and MF's 150% price match and you had to pay tax. I too waited last year, and contemplated the midtown custom but alas I waited too long and lost on the deal. Plus, it didn't help that MF kept shooting down my price matches when the gift code was not capped at $100.

• Members

Ever since M123 went to the new system I have had zero success placing an order from a price match - I fill out the info and submit- then it just goes back to the cart - click checkout again and all the info I typed is missing. Anyone else have this problem?

Archived