Finished Modified Classic Vibe Thinline Day

Lex.Luthier

• Members

A few weeks ago I picked up a Squier Classic Vibe Thinline that was going cheap in a local sale. I didnt take any pictures of it in its original configuration so here's a stock picture of what it looked like:

sqthinlinetele_m.jpg

I tend to mod all my guitars so pretty quickly I decided I wanted to swap out the electronics in it. While I had it on my bench I had the idea of putting on a rosewood Strat neck and a black Thinline pickguard I had lying around to see what it looked like. This was the result:

guitar1nx.jpg

Loved the colour combo but wasnt digging the Strat headstock. Just kinda looked goofy on the Tele body imo. So I reshaped the neck and here is the finished result:

guitar2t.jpg

guitar3lj.jpg

guitar4v.jpg

• Members

THat is awesome. What is the route like under the pickguard. Is it possible to get a reissue wide range humbucker in there? Where'd you get the pickugard from?

Its routed for a single unfortunately, wouldnt be hard to enlarge the cavity though. The pickguard was ten bucks off Ebay.

• Members

The Classic Vibe Thinline has the standard Fender 25.5" scale. Only the Vintage Modified Thinline has the shorter 24 3/4" scale.

My bad, I read that too quickly. I thought he was talking about the VM. I kind of wish that I had waited on buying mine until the CV came out, but i still like my VM. The shorter scale length really doesn't bother me.

• Members

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

:love:

Where did you get that neck? Tat's what really makes this one for me, it just looks fantastic on that thinline body.

The neck was from the Warmoth showcase. Since the neck doesn't require any finish it feels great and it's cheaper than your standard maple neck :thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hello and thanks for posting your build, I was wondering if you could help me build one myself, by that I mean what neck to order and where from, as well as tuners etc. and what kind of stain you used on the headstock.  I just picked one of these up the other day, but I would really like to build one similar to yours if you don't mind? Thanks for your time.

Stephen Deckard

Archived