• Replies 68.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by newbuilder

View Post

Turd.

How's stuff?

No more 2.0...anyone make their way back from the other sites yet?

I'll be here, but this is my vacation home; I've built my new primary residence at Wein's evil.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Graves

View Post

There's an anouncement thingy up at the top of the page.

EG

I'll be doggoned!

Man, I bet they dropped a bundle on that fiasco. Speaking of Fiascos, where's Mike? wink.gif

At any rate, I have a busy week/end coming up. If I can manage to, tonight Ima swing by downtown and play mandolin for an hour with these cats:

chill4292010groupedit.jpg

Won't be able to play the whole evening, though, as I hafta pick the kids up from church @ 7:30. That's another whole ongoing saga.

Was a big blowup on Sunday between one of the holier-than-thou choir people (I can take holier-than-thou fine at this point, but neurotic control freaks bitching out my kids is a whole nother deal) and the praise band. Lady took it upon herself to clomp up to the choir loft during the service and read the kids the riot act because they were actually having fun during one of the choir's songs, which of course Ms. Neurotic took as a personal insult.

I resolved to take it up later when I had cooled down, but after the service my daughter (almost 17) confronted Ms. Neurotic in front of the church and told her she needed to apologize to one of the other praise band kids (our soundguy, a high school kid). You can guess how well that went. Tonight the praise band kids are meeting with the pastor. Both I and my wife have already let him know that we did not appreciate Ms. Neurotic's handling of things on Sunday. Fun.

Oh, and on Sunday I played that Squier Vintage Modified Thinline Tele I'm selling. So I'm still on point.

Oh, the rest of the weekend: have a show with the same band as above on Friday, at the same place they're playing tonight. Only on Friday I'll be able to stay for the whole show, and will also play guitar (you can see my LP Classic and '52 RI Tele in the above pic, still on point!). After a flag football game Saturday morning for my son, some possible skateboarding with him after the game, and a probable praise band practice that afternoon, I'll play yet another show with the band in the pic above (we're called Cinnamon Hill). That show will be at a different venue, one I've never played or been to before (I hear it's a lesbian-run restaurant-bar-music venue). Our regular electric guitarist/slide player should be back with us for that'un, though I may play some guitar on a few songs anyhow (the lead singer/acoustic player is lobbying for me to).

Sunday I'll play guitar, and maybe some mandolin, at the 11:00 a.m. service, and try to avoid any run-ins with Ms. Neurotic from the choir.

Monday night the same band is doing a benefit at yet a different venue. I'll hafta see what my son's homework sitch is and play that'un by ear. May skip the early set to do homework, and go downtown for the later one. Or may skip it altogether.

Whew.

• Members

CBH: Sorry. Didn't really want to make a public announcement at Wein's. Thought it kinda rude since he's been so cool through all of this. But here we are. You found it.

Brian: Dang. You gotta love those types. There's one in every crowd!

Congrats on the other activity though. Lotta work there. Between your punk band and the church thing, you remind me of a buddy of mine, the deadhead army preacher. He's quite the complicated individual. smile.gif

EG

• Members

View Post

Brian: Dang. You gotta love those types. There's one in every crowd!

Congrats on the other activity though. Lotta work there. Between your punk band and the church thing, you remind me of a buddy of mine, the deadhead army preacher. He's quite the complicated individual. smile.gif

EG

Under other circumstances, I'd chalk it up to her having a bad day, bite my lip, say a prayer, and walk away. However, this same lady has had run-ins with the rest of la familia Krashpad over the last year or so (with my kids, in several Vacation Bible School and Christmas Pageant incidents, and with my wife in a separate incident at a church dinner the youth were hosting), and basically at this point it's becoming clear that she has a combination of: a huge ego, being a control freak, and having anger management issues.

Sorta the "Church Lady Trifecta!" facepalm.gif

Regarding being complicated: I'm a conundrum wrapped in an enigma!

A loner, Dottie. A rebel.

• Members

View Post

Control freaks are everywhere. I just try to lay low and stay out of the line of fire. Not always easy though.

They seem to put themselves in positions where it's tough to avoid them. Ugh.

Life is complicated sometimes.

Complicated.jpg

EG

Ain't that the truth.

Another thing I failed to mention: this lady is a biiiiiiiig woman. Very large. The kind that those airplane incident news stories talk about. I think the root of the problem is that she has low self-esteem and a bad body image, and has turned into an overbearing beeyotch to cover for it. Poor thing.

Oh, and if she sat on a guitar, she would crush it. There, back on point.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

Under other circumstances, I'd chalk it up to her having a bad day, bite my lip, say a prayer, and walk away. However, this same lady has had run-ins with the rest of la familia Krashpad over the last year or so (with my kids, in several Vacation Bible School and Christmas Pageant incidents, and with my wife in a separate incident at a church dinner the youth were hosting), and basically at this point it's becoming clear that she has a combination of: a huge ego, being a control freak, and having anger management issues.

Sorta the "Church Lady Trifecta!" facepalm.gif

Wow. Church can be a violent place.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marc758

View Post

Wow. Church can be a violent place.

Unfortunately, just like the rest of the world.

The big problem with churches is they have to have people to run them.

It's an imperfect world, and sometimes that's actually magnified at church.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

Unfortunately, just like the rest of the world.

The big problem with churches is they have to have people to run them.

It's an imperfect world, and sometimes that's actually magnified at church.

I had a line in a song I wrote a long time ago that went, "Sometimes selfish prayers are prayed from the tallest steeples."

Archived