RIP Pete Seeger

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

flemtone wrote:

Though the Hudson River is much cleaner due in large part to his ongoing efforts, it moves a bit slower today in his honor.

Very True. Pete was a prominent figure in the Dutchess County area. His Clearwater Festivals went on for years. I was fortunate to meet Pete at one of them. A true legend.

• Members

He was an American Original. He probably had as much to do with promoting free thinking as he did with promoting folk artists, and artistry as anyone in the Twentieth century.

He had talent, he had musical and personal integrity, he had guts, and didn't give damn about glory.

He talked environmental talk and walked it as well.

He spoke truth to power, and wouldn't talk to the bastards when they wanted to put his friends in jail.

He was a giant, he had a long span, we are all the richer for it.

While I'm sad he's gone, he's back with his bride, and he and Woodie Guthrie are having a ball right now.

Rest in Peace Pete.

• Moderators

AlamoJoe wrote:

He was an American Original. He probably had as much to do with promoting free thinking as he did with promoting folk artists, and artistry as anyone in the Twentieth century.

He had talent, he had musical and personal integrity, he had guts, and didn't give damn about glory.

He talked environmental talk and walked it as well.

He spoke truth to power, and wouldn't talk to the bastards when they wanted to put his friends in jail.

He was a giant, he had a long span, we are all the richer for it.

While I'm sad he's gone, he's back with his bride, and he and Woodie Guthrie are having a ball right now.

Rest in Peace Pete.

Amen man, amen!

Archived