Fav "Sweet" Cymbal

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

This is another hard question to answer. But if I had to name just 1, it would be my 19" Bosphorus Versa, especially with the blues band. For rock it would be a toss up between, oh hell, there's just too many choices since I read everything on here from rides, to hats, to splash's, to china's, to crash's.

Some of us don't have so much to pick from...:rolleyes::p

• Members

Mine would be my 21" Bosphorus New Orleans Ride. ~2500g, crashable, definitly a must have. A very close second is my 21" Mehmet turK...3200g, great cutting ping. I never play gigs with out both. But for rehursal, if I only take one, then it would be the Bos. Bob

• Members

My 18" A crash/ride.

Just sounds awesome. All my others I can take or leave.

I got one not too long ago, still deciding if I like it. I think I need to hear somebody else play it while I stand back and listen. To me it almost sounds out of place with my 16"A thin and 17"A med thin.

As posted in different thread, my faves are my new beats.

• Members

I'd love to see that agogobill, he does great work from what I've seen.

Now I pretty much like the cymbals that I have, but if I were to go for new, I would definitely look into the cymbals that he is making. I don't think that he is doing as much modding as he used to, but apparently he still likes to work on the Jojo Mayer Fierce ride. Lucky me.

I had that cymbal for a while and never got into it ... couldn't hear what the fuss was about. Apparently some are right on, some are dogs.

But he asked what I wanted, what kind of sticks I use ... :D ... what music I'm playing, etc., and I'll be damned if he didn't NAIL it. Not too hot, not too cold ... this porridge is just right.

I'll see if I can get a sound file up sometime soon, not like it's going to do it any justice, tho ...

Archived