The all new post pics of your kit thread!

HottKarl

• Members

Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

ahhh...that one of them stacker kits...with the inverted snares?

dude!!..i just couldn't resist....it's been a long weekend.....and this Crown and coke...well, it's just working really well, tonite!!!

:freak:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing - wonder why?

And it's Captain Morgans and Pepsi here!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

^ no not really, people stack their kits when they're not set-up. Not humorous at all...if you find that funny then i assume you watch Showtime At The Apollo.
:rolleyes:

Aqua - calm down. I'm the one that started that thread with the stacked kit with the inverted snare. I'm just trying to have some fun! I need a pick me up tonight!

I luv ya man!

:love:

• Members

Originally posted by Thingfish

SWEET SNARE!!!

Ya like that Mapex snare do ya?

Yeah, I know you're talking about the Acrolite. Yes, it is sweet, love the sound. That's why my Mapex snare has been pushed over to the side snare position. I have an Ambassador X batter on the Acro, and a coated Ambassador on the Mapex, cranked down really tight. The difference between the two makes for a good snare/side snare combo, I think.

The Acro has a Bonhamesque kind of sound, and the Mapex has more of a funky Rage Against The Machine kind of sound.

Uh...so, jacarual...how 'bout it?

BTW - it's plain beer I'm gettin' soused on, and lots of it. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it, so I can claim no recollection of this conversation in the morning.

• Members

Originally posted by Watchdog

What is that you are sitting on?

bandshot.jpg

a semicircular granite bench. cold.

also note:

looking at this photo, I am greatly relieved that despite the gerbilesque clumps of hair in the shower drain, I do not appear to be balding...

• Members

Originally posted by eBayfreak

Gosh, my kit looks huge after that last one...

Ancient Tama Imperialstars I rewrapped (with a Swingstar floor tom), Remo roto-toms, Ludwig Acrolite snare, assorted Zildjians.

that's the epitome of a workhorse kit. indestructable, no?

• Members

Originally posted by rockbeat

Ya like that Mapex snare do ya?

Yeah, I know you're talking about the Acrolite. Yes, it is sweet, love the sound. That's why my Mapex snare has been pushed over to the side snare position. I have an Ambassador X batter on the Acro, and a coated Ambassador on the Mapex, cranked down really tight. The difference between the two makes for a good snare/side snare combo, I think.

The Acro has a Bonhamesque kind of sound, and the Mapex has more of a funky Rage Against The Machine kind of sound.

Uh...so, jacarual...how 'bout it?

BTW - it's plain beer I'm gettin' soused on, and lots of it. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it, so I can claim no recollection of this conversation in the morning.

this one...

• Members

ddrum Tamo Ash Pocket kit. 13x6.5 snare, 12x8, 14x11 FT, 16x11 FT, 20x20 in Hardtail Burst Blue. Black nickel chrome. Aquarian Response 2 batters, Classic Clear resos on the toms. Satin TC/Classic Clear on the snare. Emad/Ambassador Coated on the bass. 16", 17" and 18" Agop crashes, 13" Agop Empire hats, 20" Sabian HH ride, 20" Wuhan chinese.

ddrum.jpg

Archived