The all new post pics of your kit thread!

HottKarl

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gretsch stopsign badge - 13, 16, 18, 24, 14x5.5 COB

Originally posted by Actionsquid

Neat!

Are on the run from the law?
:confused:

Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

the 'unknown' drummer...you part of a witness protection plan?
:D

someone else playing my kit ... besides, my pic would've broke both the camera and the intraweb.

• Members
Originally posted by WillyRay

ps. I still think this kit is a beauty, and a fantastic bargain. Where did you end up on re-enforcing the bass drum against... on-stage shenanigans?

Decided against reinforcing this one. I still think about it occasionally, but instead I just bring out my practice kit for shows where there's gonna be some on-stage shenanigans. Stick some dot triggers on them and you're good to go. I'm amazed it hasn't just completely collapsed into itself yet. $150 Pulse kit with hardware and cymbals included. We're playing a Who song at the end of the next show and it's just gonna get launched. The floor tom is already missing two lugs -- seriously -- and I haven't even done any damage to that one. The screws just kinda came out of the back of them. How awesome is that for build quality?

There's a screw rolling around in the rack tom that I need to grab. Fortunately I trigger the damn things. ;)

Just got an Audix D6 for the kick of this one and I love the sound all over again. It's like a cannon.

Pic of the other kit, kinda
ratslive.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by 47milesbarbwire

They're Ludwigs from the early 80's

10-12-14-16-24 w/ a 6-1/2 supra

It came with an 18" floor tom as well which I converted to a kick drum

Thanks BTW, where are my manners
:confused:

Man! I do like those. I Have a real fondness for those old Ludwigs.
Great looking stuff. Play it well.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by FitchFY

An older pic -- I'll post a new one this weekend when I'm in the studio!

16c9re2.jpg

Fitch, that picture confirms that if there is one guy on this forum who rocks the hardest, its you.
That is a nasty looking set.

Whats happening at the studio? I assume your putting some tracks together, so will this be released?

• Members
Originally posted by Actionsquid

Here's my rather humble setup. It's an 80's (I think!) Tama Artstar with 13" Zildijan K hats, a 21" Sweet Ride, and an Acrolite snare.

Holy {censored}, Old I! I've played on that "stage" several times. :D And fallen out of barstools there even more times.

• Members

THANKS a million, my friend!!!!

See, I knew I had to get another drummer to do this for me!!! My guitarist tried to do this for me, but, ...well, he's a guitarist!! I tried, but, I'm sumwhat computer illiterate (until they desing a computer i can operate with vic Firths) Not that I haven't felt compelled to take my Firth's to this darn computer in the past!!!

Thanks again, theDW !!!

I bought this kit, just as you see it(shells)...I only had to pick up new hardware and cymbals, and will upgrade them, as cash flow allows....

Note....it always pays to Windex the hardware before pic-taking!! :thu:

My next move, is to replace all the tom and snare hoops, with the gold/brass ones!!! Might look nice with the Red Mahogany stained finish? :love::wave:

• Members
Originally posted by the DW

No prob, bud!

If anyone else needs help with pics, don't hesitate to let me know. Took all of 3 minutes to do TK's pics!

Glad to be of service!

:thu:

hey, at least I'm good for something!!

And, I will now be on stand-by, whenever you need any of those cajun recipe's......just say the word!!!

I can get the best ones from the most awesome cajun-cooking woman around here, not from any book!!! :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

My next move, is to replace all the tom and snare hoops, with the gold/brass ones!!!

I think I saw a place online that had those full length lugs in gold also! That would be the ultimate!! I just wish I could remember the site. Damn Alzheimers!! That's what I get for being an old fart!

Of course, you could always take the hardware off the shells and take them down to a "chroming shop" and have them anodize some gold or brass onto the hardware!

Man, that would look AWESOME!!!

I was once considering buying a Taye kit that had an Antique Honey finish very similar to your kit. That color just has a hold over me!

• Members

time for a new pics thread....

my setup hasn't changed in a few years... usually set up as 4-piece with two rides.

ludwig acrolite snare, 90's exports, zildjian A's and k's here and there :)

I set up a 5-piece with small rack and 4-5 cymbals for rock.

The rock setup:

• Members

No prob, bud!

If anyone else needs help with pics, don't hesitate to let me know. Took all of 3 minutes to do TK's pics!

Glad to be of service!

hey, at least I'm good for something!!

It took you three min, no way! It took me like 2 hours to post the AV ( 2 hours to figure out how)
Anyhow you know me and pictures how do I get mine on?
Willy and Aqua have tried but I need something a bit more basic. (esplained sssssssllllooooowwwwlyyyy) I know I do not use this computer to its fullest. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for a lesson, just a basic walk me through how to post pictures. I dont even know how I got my AV on but Aqua said to try photobucket (to much of a hassle all those numbers you have to input to upload a picture) is that how it works? That aint easy.

I have pictures on my computer now that I put in with my camera, why can't I use them and edit them and post them? Problem, how do I edit? I did go to the top of the screen and clicked on edit and it brings me to a paint screen. I think I need to just shrink my picture from 96000 bytes to under 10000, right? (how?) If you can help me or anyone willing to take on a chalenge like this I would be greatfull.
Thank you DW, your my only hope

• Members
Originally posted by BBDrums

Thank you DW, your my only hope

OK, here goes:

Editing pictures

To do this, you need some kind of photo editing software. You can usually download simpler programs for free from places like Nonags (www.nonags.com). They are usually in the 'image editing' section. The 800 lb. gorilla of image editing software is Adobe Photoshop, but it's several hundred dollars, and you need a doctorate degree to use it! (just kidding, but it is formidable)

Once you have installed the photo editing software, you then open it, and from within the program, open your picture. From that point, it's just a matter of finding the right tool to resize your picture. In TK's case, I also had to adjust some settings to bring out the colors in the picture to capture that beautiful finish, but that is a more advanced technique.

Once you're finished editing your picture, you then have to save it to your hard drive using the "Save As" command (so that you don't overwrite the original picture) to a compressed file format like .jpg or .gif - .jpg gives you better picture quality, .gif makes a smaller file.

Posting pictures

To be able to post pictures here, you need to find a 'host' for your pictures. A host is simply some website that will allow you to upload your picture for storage on their server. I use myFileHut.com because they let you store up to 5 GB of stuff for free.

Once you register, you follow the instructions to upload your pictures (or mp3's). In the case of myFileHut.com, once you upload the picture, you are then taken to a page where you'll see an http address that gives you the location of your picture. You need to copy and paste that 'tag' into a text document, or simply write it down (very very accurately!).

Once that's done, come on back here and post a reply or start a new thread. Then, click on the "IMG" button above the "Your Reply" window, and then enter the 'tag' that you wrote down (or copied) into the little window that pops up. Once you do that, click on OK, and you're done! Once posted, if your picture doesn't show up, it means you made a mistake while entering the 'tag' in the IMG box - usually some small thing like putting a comma where a dot should be, or something like that.

There you go. Good luck!

• Members

Cool! You know, they even have a public upload function so you don't have to register.... I'm trying it on this post.

Posting pictures

To be able to post pictures here, you need to find a 'host' for your pictures. A host is simply some website that will allow you to upload your picture for storage on their server. I use myFileHut.com because they let you store up to 5 GB of stuff for free.

dr1.jpg

Hmmm... I can't see it. Can anyone else?

Archived