The all new post pics of your kit thread!

HottKarl

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Looks like a short 14" FT...

If so, is that an original/vintage piece, or a modification? Don't know that I've ever seen vintage Ludwig shorty floor toms before.

Actually, it's a 15" Ludwig snare drum, but it makes a sweet floor tom. At some point I would like to get a matching 16" FT though.

• Members

Ah, got it. Could tell it wasn't a 16" drum, but also that it wasn't standard depth either.

I like shorty toms, including FTs, but couldn't have a 15: drum myself (Aversion to odd-sized diameters...)

Still, good looking kit.

• Members

This shot is a few months old, but I don't think I've posted it. I'm about to take this kit to band practice for the first time tomorrow afternoon; can't wait!

DSC00810.jpg?t=1299480012

This kit will see its first live performance on March 18th. Can't wait for it!

What's that K on your right? Great looking setup. :thu:

• Members

What's that K on your right? Great looking setup.
:thu:

Thank you!!! The K on the right side of the picture is a 19" K Custom Hybrid crash. Best crash cymbal I've ever heard (IMO). You'd have to pry that cymbal from my cold dead hands. ;) The others are a 22" K Light ride and a pair of 15" K Light hats.

And NBarnes21, LOVE YOUR KIT!!!! :thu:

• Members

Big day for deliveries at my place...

The unattractive-but-fantastic-sounding VP snare. This will get refinished, no doubt.

IMG_1746.jpg

10" HHX Evo Splash

IMG_1747.jpg

19" AAX Dark Crash

IMG_1748.jpg

19" A Custom Rezo Crash

IMG_1749.jpg

I only ordered and paid for one of these. Yet I received...

IMG_1750.jpg

• Members

Perhaps the most inadvertently viewed drumset on this forum (see first post in this thread :lol:). A few updates over the last couple years:

IMG00240-20110328-1113.jpg

IMG00241-20110328-1113.jpg

Finally found a nice deep maple snare. Ludwig 8" X 14"

IMG00242-20110328-1114.jpg

Running triggers (Axis Ekits) on my kick drums now

IMG00201-20110209-1735.jpg

IMG00202-20110209-1736.jpg

And using the Alesis Trigger I/O into Steven Slate Drums (cheaper and updateable alternative to using a big drum brain)

IMG00244-20110328-1115.jpg

• Members

Jezz HK. what a difference on the snare drum from your first post! I like that drum. It's so deep that the optical allusion makes it look like a 13".

So we've come full circle here with your post. Let's keep 'em going, I love this sticky!!

LMAO! I still have that piccolo too! I can cover about 6 octaves with my 3 snares. :lol:

Can't believe this thread has been around for over 4 years.....love the participation and longevity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Since its been a few years and we have ourselves a brand new nice beautiful basement to play in, I figured its time for a few new pictures.

Here's my kit:

IMG_20110405_230850.jpg

Thrown view:

IMG_20110405_230941.jpg

A little better view of the whole room. You can see one of my guitars and amps there as well.

IMG_20110405_231004.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jake - I really dig your style! What's the deal with the stacked cymbals on your far right? Looks like a Paiste crash (14"?) over some kind of a Sabian ride or big crash - what kind of sound are you getting out of that? Some trashy sizzle? A sonic explosion? I'm curious.

• Members

Thanks, pus! hah

The stack you see on the right is a busted 12" Paiste Signature splash over a 20" Sabian HHX china. I'm getting a fairly bright, white noise sound out of it. Trashy attack, quick decay. Has some sizzle due to the splash on top. I like it. :thu:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This seems to be a good place for my second post here.

This is my current kit -- Yamaha Maple Customs -- in 8, 10, 12, 14, 20 configuration. My favorite kit ever, amazing presence and tone.

The driver's-seat photo is my current cymbal setup, since I converted everything to Amedia over the past year. These are a mix of four different Amedia families. The snare is a Carolina Drumworks 5.5x14 steambent maple, but I like 13" snares a lot as well, just didn't happen to have one set up when I took the photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336165[/ATTACH]

EDIT: OK, something's not going right in the photo attachment department. Sorry about that.

Archived