The all new post pics of your kit thread!

HottKarl

• Members

Here's a pic I took of my recording setup last September @ Kevin Frank's SilverSound Music Studio. There's another crash above the ride and chimes, which you can't see. You might remember Kevin as the drummer from that awesome rock band that came out of Philly a few years ago, Silvertide...before they got screwed by Clive Davis' J Records.

recording_kit.jpg

And just for fun, here's the setup I played at a cover band gig about 2 months ago. My guitarist says to me, "Is that all you've got?" while I'm setting up. At the end of the night I hear, "That sounded great, I never would have thought..." :D

basic_kit.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My new vintage "beater" - got this a couple weeks ago to have a beater/alt/practice kit I like that I didn't have to worry about. I have just over $200 invested in all the shells & I am loving it & the configuration 20/13/14/16.

1965 Slingerland bass & rack tom & 2 60's MIJ Slingy copy floor toms - so much fun & sounds great!

attachment.php?attachmentid=336771&d=131

sans bronze

attachment.php?attachmentid=336772&d=131

driver's seat

attachment.php?attachmentid=336773&d=131

the red sparkles were a cheap CL find & I had the orange 14x14 already around - and oddly enough I like how it looks together.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Nice kit Vinniy. Beautiful actually. Whats up with the Ride?Crash, crash cluster on the right? Seems like they would touch? Or it's an optical delusion.

mark

Hey Mark

Thanks. The Gretschs have served me very well over the last 6 years, it's been my exclusive kit for that time....but they are for sale. I just bought a Yamaha Recording Custom for myself. But anyways, as far as the "cluster" is concerned....I think it is an optical illusion. I mean, yes, they are set up close to each other, but they don't actually touch when struck (normally). I guess if I go ape-{censored} on the second cymbal in the cluster, it might hit the ride, but I haven't had a problem with that. I do set that crash as low as I can without it hitting the others. I experiment with the placement of the other crash - which is usually a china-like crash- from the farmost right to the other side of my kit left of my hihat....I think I am going to keep it on the left side. I have also gotten rid of the Meinls since the pic was taken and now I am playing Sabian. I didn't have the Meinls too long, but they are great cymbals. I recorded with them and they sounded good on the recording...but....I REALLY love my Sabians so far.

I will take a pic of the new stuff when I get my Yamaha bass drum...still waiting for that to ship in. I forgot how exciting it is to get new {censored}.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Office...

theoffice-1600.jpg

..Kit.. (From Left to Right)

GMS 13" Solid Ash Snare

DW 14" SuperSolid 1/2"-thick Snare

GMS Special Edition, 12 / 10 / 14 / 16, 22w x 20deep Kick.

..Cymbals.. (From Left to Right)

All Zildjian

14" K Custom Hi-Def Hats

16" Constantinople Crash w/ 9" K Custom Hybrid Splash Inverted

19" K Custom Hybrid Crash

18" Constantinople Crash

20" K Custom Dry Ride

18" Oriental China Trash

• Members

Right, when "suspended cymbal" actually meant suspended!

Are you a tall person? It looks like some of those drums would be hard to reach for me

Not especially tall... ~5'10". Even though my arms are a bit long, everything is well within reach. In actuality, the suspended cymbals are at about forehead height. It's just an optical illusion (since they're big crashes), that makes them seem like they're hanging in orbit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I got the Champagne Sparkle 125th Anniversary 4.5x14 snare drum for a 25th (Dec 30 2010) Wedding Anniversary gift from my wife.

I completed the kit a few months later with an 18bd /12 rack / 14 floor in Champagne Sparkle. The kit matches perfectly except the snare is a RB of course and the rest is the latest badge....Drop G = nice too. I got a "vintage" buildout....bd spurs and claw-hooks with the T- Rod and diamond leg plates on the ft. I didn't go for the rail mount because I didn't want anything on the small bd. I was surprised at how much bottom end the small bd has. I have three Gretsch kits now and I can honestly say I like each one in different ways and none really more than the other.

Fred Gretsch and Paul Cooper (Gretsch Production Manager at the Factory in Ridgeland S.C.) signed the toms and bass drum. The 125th Anniversary snare drum was already signed by Mr. Gretsch as part of the launching of the 125th Anniversary Series in 2008. These drums are extra special for me not only because they are beautiful drums but because they're signed - to me personally.

20.jpg

TOMSIGNEDFREDGRETSCHPAULCOOPERJPGCustom.

BIRDSEYE4.jpg

RACK1Custom.jpg

DAISY1.jpg

• Members

Beautiful kit Kona,

love the front kick head. Bet your dog doesn't hang out there very long though.

the final touch with the old style spurs and the speed king really sets it off. Your wife loves you very much, I can tell.

btw, that wrap is what mine used to be a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My brand new Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kit. The natural wood finish is simply gorgeous. I tuned it up with the stock heads and it sounds better than I thought it would. The bass drum sounds like a cannon.

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0727.jpg

CIMG0730.jpg

CIMG0729.jpg

A free snare stand was included so I mounted the 10" tom on that and mounted the 12" tom on the bass drum.

• Members

cdawg, that's a 22" kick. I raised my throne about 2" because the toms were a little higher. It feels pretty comfortable. I was probably sitting a little too low anyway, so it's all good. I went from a 20" to a 22". I would probably have to play standing up if I went to a 24". :)

Archived