Your least favorite thing about being in a band.

TamaDrummer0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

arrogance, ie.. even though I'm playing a bar on a fri/sat night, I'm a rockstar !

the thruth of the matter is ,no matter how good you may think you are, there is always somebody better.

reminds me of the thread from a dude saying he wanted to be the best drummer in the world,ha,ha. [good luck dude].

arrogance will get you no where,but this is a lesson learned in time.

• Members

I hear ya. I'm on the great bass player scavenger hunt right now. I've been appointed by the rest of the band as the seeker of the bass. I really do love writing CL ads. Really, I do.

If you find a nest of them or something, gimme a shout.

• Members

Professionalism vs. fun. You need both, but they never seem to balance correctly.

Next is schedule. I may have to give up on my current project due to the hospital style shift work I will be doing for a while. Sucks, but at least I dont have to haul the giant ass kit around as much. Tonight may be my last show, at least for a while.

• Members

It's a toss up between guitar players and singers. :thu:

Or that drunk guy at the end of the night that comes over and says (repeatedly) "you guys rule". And as he's spitting all over you and stumbling around, he wants to help you with your equipment.

Hey, take away the part about wanting to help you with the equipment and you have my old guitar players and singer.

Mike

• Members

Finding a band right now. I've been looking on and off for three years and nothing.

I suppose it's going to be a PITA to haul my stuff around...I always used to have all the equipment at my place but sold it all, so now I'm going to have to travel.

Flakey musicians?

• Members

How about the guy that always yells either, "play some Skynyrd" or "Freebird."

One time I saw Koko Taylor in a small, intimate setting and a drunk dude, yells "play some Skynyrd", I thought Koko was going to come off of the stage and smack the {censored} out the guy with her size 13 shoes.

• Members

Or the drunken idiot that KNOWS he is a better drummer than you and won't stop asking to play your kit.YEAH RIGHT dip{censored} ! I'm gonna let you get back here and bang on MY gear and you have no idea what this stuff is worth ! I nearly got in a fight one night with a guy who would NOT quit asking me to let him play.

And, bass holders who won't play like I want them to.

• Members

Humping (lifting not sexually) B3's, Leslie tone Cabinets, SVTs, Yamaha Grand pianos, Fender Rhodes suitcase models, up steps with no elevators! :mad: Oh...and the festival sized PAs we used to schlep and stack to the ceiling...:rolleyes: Thank God for truck liftgates...:thu:

Archived