JOIN US FOR THE 1ST ANNUAL DRUM JAM!!!

cdawg

• Members

Columbus, OH, folks!! The weekend of October 17th is the date, arrival as early as the 16th. (Most of the "action" will be the 17th.) Marko is putting most of this together, so props to him!!

Check out the rather lenthy "unauthorized drum jam" thread, for rambling details, with much more to follow, including sponsor-backing, fun prizes and lots of boom-boom-type drum sounds, from the likes of us!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2382210

NOW YOUR PART:

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INTENT. WE NEED TO GET A HEAD COUNT! THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ONLY FOR NAMES OF PEOPLE WISHING TO ATTEND!!

PLEASE!!!

We're going to secure a block of rooms to make it easier and cheaper, so make sure you "sign in" here!!!:wave:

More details to follow.....

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE JAM, PLEASE REFER THEM TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD, OR PM ME, MARKO, OR ANYONE ELSE YOU SEE ATTENDING.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Basic schedule of events: (This is ALL subject to minor changes as the weekend gets closer. But I don't foresee any significant changes to worry about).

Friday, October 16th- Check-in at the hotel. I'm gonna assume the check-in will start at 3:00 pm. (I'm researching two, so I'm not sure which one yet, but the price for a room at Hotel #1 is $35.99).

Load-in Friday evening- This will take place at the studio itself. I'm intending on requesting a window for this from 6:00 till 8:00 pm. (If they won't give us a two hour window, or open up the place, or, you get in town too late your kit will be spending the night with you in your room).

Supper and drinks- We'll all go out to dinner. If ya wanna have a few by all means. If you choose to get trashed, you shall nurse yourself the following day. If you get trashed and end up in the Columbus Downtown Hyatt, (the one with the bars and the bell hops that carry mace and guns), we'll find a way to call someone who cares).

Saturday, October 17th- For those who want to, we can go get some breakfast at around 7:15 am. We'll then go up to Columbus Percussion at 9:00 am. We'll have the run of the store for one hour till they open at 10:00 am.

Jam Time- I estimate we arrive at the studio at 10:30 am and start the jam/day. (This is where I would like some input on how we schedule the day. I suggest that anyone who wants to be involved in the planning to PM me with your email address. We can continue to communicate with each other as a group and NOT tie up this thread or the other one. We may want to go the Skype route also, but I'll need to get my other laptop back online as I can't download Skype on the work laptop).

Depending on the amount of participants will dictate how long each player has to do his/her thing. I'm thinking we'll need to quit by 6:30 pm. That gives us eight hours for the jam. I know you all can figure this out for yourselves, but if 16 people show up, and I damn sure hope there's more than that, each person would only get say 25/30 minutes to play and that's non-stop drumming which will never happen. We can probably order pizza in for lunch.

I still think playing 2 or 3 songs with a guitar(s), bass and keys would be very cool. We can pick the songs prior and come in knowing them and just cut loose. This place is a high quality video studio, so we'll end up with some killer footage, and the audio will be choice also.

I think we all need to be loaded up and out of there by 7:30/8:00. I feel we will need to do a good cleaning of the studio also of any mess we may have. Especially since I'm workin' HARD to get this done for if not free, damn near free. I'm gonna PM Dendy again tonight to see if I can start talking with Craig Anderton and him on getting a little backing capitol.

Party time- We can all go grab a shower and get some grub somewhere. There's plenty of great places to eat from burgers to steak to Italian to seafood. Then we can go catch a band somewhere where there are maybe like OSU chicks shakin' their thang. Not that I'll be going for that. I want to see a good/great band.

Disclaimer- (I guess that's what we call it. Beaker? Turd?) For the under 18 crowd we will have a form that will need to be filled out, signed by a parent/guardian that they may attend. Also, a medical release in the event there is an accident and you need medical attention. Obviously, I see no reason for anyone getting hurt, but accidents do happen, and we will need to be able to address a situation properly and legally. Beaker is being kind enough to help us out with this. I am certified in CPR / First Aid and BBP and will have supplies with me. But your damn sure gonna need to be in serious shape for me to keep yer heart beatin' till paramedics arrive. I mean Carmine could topple off a drum riser or sumpin':lol::lol::lol:

• Members

We need to double this count at least guys. Come on, ya can find a way.

I just went through the "New Member Introduction Thread" and PM'd about 17 different people. Some of you wise a......, guys that posted that are really "Old Timers" got PM's too as we haven't heard from you one way or the other.

I know we're missin' the two Dan's, and it seems like a couple others that said they'd show up for it in the beginning.

Let's show some solidarity here guys, and gals. This is the "Charter Group" here guys.

• Members

Hey! as the time grows near, two things are happening: CDAWG IS USING CAPS, AND SOUNDING MORE AND MORE LIKE A USED CAR SALESMAN ABOUT THIS DRUM JAM!

"What do I have to do to get you into this drum jam, today??"

Some folks here have been bustin' butt to make sure this jam is more than some long-winded drummers talking about groove and what-not. So, here's a partial list of the sponsors that will be lending support, and giving us GOODIES to help us make this memorable:

Bosphorus

Saluda

Sabian

Xcel Drum Sticks

Pearl

This means free stuff, guys, and the more people we get this year, the bigger it'll be next year (that means more stuff!!) And after all, what's more important to you punks than gear (read just about any post here!!)

If you are a contributing member, and we've left out a sponsor, please feel free to add it. Also, as usual, add your name to the list of attendies, below.

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

• Members

Hey! as the time grows near, two things are happening: CDAWG IS USING CAPS, AND SOUNDING MORE AND MORE LIKE A USED CAR SALESMAN ABOUT THIS DRUM JAM!

Some folks here have been bustin' butt to make sure this jam is more than some long-winded drummers talking about groove and what-not. So, here's a partial list of the sponsors that will be lending support, and giving us GOODIES to help us make this memorable:

Bosphorus

Saluda

Sabian

Xcel Drum Sticks

Pearl

Vic Firth

Peace Musical

Meinl Cymbals

This means free stuff, guys, and the more people we get this year, the bigger it'll be next year (that means more stuff!!) And after all, what's more important to you punks than gear (read just about any post here!!)

If you are a contributing member, and we've left out a sponsor, please feel free to add it. Also, as usual, add your name to the list of attendies, below.

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

• Members

Bosphorus

Saluda

Sabian

Xcel Drum Sticks

Pearl

Vic Firth

Peace Musical

Meinl Cymbals

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

• Members

I'll put my name down but I'm not sure I can go. I'll try to give you guys some notice if I can't make it. gonna try and bring a friend down with me since i've gotta drive, I guess.

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

mog (kord)

Archived