JOIN US FOR THE 1ST ANNUAL DRUM JAM!!!

cdawg

• Members

I'll put my name down but I'm not sure I can go. I'll try to give you guys some notice if I can't make it. gonna try and bring a friend down with me since i've gotta drive, I guess.

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

mog (kord)

Thanks Mog. We know it's a big deal to make it, but it does mean a lot.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't been on here forever, nobody probably remembers me, but I was trolling the Pearl forum when I saw this shindig. It sounds really neat, and possibly doable for me! I can't "jam" anymore because of hearing loss, but if you don't mind someone coming just to get some feedback on some new "melodic drumming" things I've been working on, and for me to steal some of everybody elses ideas, this may be something I can swing.

• Members

I haven't been on here forever, nobody probably remembers me, but I was trolling the Pearl forum when I saw this shindig. It sounds really neat, and possibly doable for me! I can't "jam" anymore because of hearing loss, but if you don't mind someone coming just to get some feedback on some new "melodic drumming" things I've been working on, and for me to steal some of everybody elses ideas, this may be something I can swing.

Thanks for checking things out rd, we'd love to have ya!

• Members

Yeah I remember your posts from last year or so.. You had the saw blade hanging from the rack, and you were doing some cool cover tunes.

• Members

We'd love to have ya attend. Mike (Whiplash) and I are posting it on a couple other forums to get a few more players involved. If you're serious, copy and paste your name with the rest of us so we can keep a count. Always good to meet another drummer.

Thanks,

Marko

• Members

so, this is the list as of late. PLEASE don't hesitate to jump on, it's getting closer, just a month and counting...

anybody talking to people on other forums, shoot me a PM and let me know what's up. we'd like to see some hard ##'s to get a count for stick bags/t-shirts, etc. also, let's get together and make sure the sponsors are on board, as far as sending their goods. PM me for that, as well.

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

mog (kord)

:wave:

• Members

I'm alive. Sorry I've been MIA. Personal {censored}. I've yet to hear back from Dendy- no response for what 3/4 weeks. I have to personally go see the owner of the studio. If he wants cash, I do wish I'd just get a flat out no or a yes from HC. I'll let ya know when I know more. A month out, and I've not got us locked in yet and I'm a little pissed at myself about it. I'll kick it into high gear by next week.

• Members

I talked to the wife, I'm in! I'm so excited, what fun!

cdawg (chris)

Whiplash (Mike)

Marko

Big Daddy

Melvin

Carmine

T Hofmann

Boxofrocks (Simon)

Rdrummer (Jim Tyler)

I'm in the process of setting up a Friday clinic at an Ohio high school for Friday, then I'm off to Columbus!

Anybody that comes gets to jam on my set..it is a little different :)

• Members

Sorry, but this maybe a tad long. I realize that some of you are sick of this thread/topic, but this thing's coming fast...............................:eek:

O.K. I received a call from the owner of Brainstorm Media today, Mr. Ron Theilman. Much to my amazement, he's all over this deal. He wants me to stop in Friday or Monday afternoon, checkout the place, acoustics and such. He said, "why don't you bring a kit in, set it up and play to see if it'll work". I can't pull that off I don't think. But I can walk in a room and just clap my hands and know if it's good or bad.

Apparently there is one audio room set-up, but would only hold a kit. They've had a band in there once before, but he wants me to make sure the large room is suitable.

Now hold on, don't get too excited.......................

After Ron goes on quite a bit, I said to him "after I do this Ron, you and I need to set down face to face and talk cost. This is a grass roots effort, first time run at this and...........:, and he interrupts me and say's "Mark, don't worry about that, we're willing to work with you guys". I'm like, "O.K., but we'll need to talk".

You guys know, there is NO $!

So, I'll see what his thoughts are. The Producer/Director I know made a statement that they could shoot some footage, which I'd love, and then we would allow them to use it for PR purposes of the new studio. This place isn't very old at all. Maybe less then a year. But, we also would get the rough DVD. Carm can mix that for us, and sell it here. Attendees will just have one mailed to them for free. Maybe $5/7, just cover cost as far as selling them here.

So I still have no concrete thoughts of what this guys thinking as far as how far he's willing to be generous with us. I had made it clear to Greg, the P/D, that there's no money. So it has been said to him.

I'll post back on this Friday night hopefully unless my day goes to hell in a hand basket, then it will have to be Monday. Sorry, doin' my best here guys. I was sick as hell all last week, plus three weeks before. I've lost some ground, but I'm on it.

and stick bag.

Sat, we'll have ya covered. And thank you VERY much. I'm stressing over costs and bustin' mY ass to keep them down. Mikey (Whiplash) is looking into shirts, but he may need to get hell up to 50. We'll place those on here for sale too. Again, just to cover cost's. We don't want the IRS getting wind of some little event and asking questions. Sounds crazy, but everything today sounds crazy, so I would not be surprised. Again guys, K.I.S.S.

Explain the laptop. Why do you want us to have one? I do. A web cam? Let me know.

I need cell phone numbers from everyone, and your carrier. If ya have Verizon, it'll be free for me. But I need all the #'s. cdawg, I thought this one was yours, so if you can help me out with a complete list, or someone took the job I remember, it would really help me out. I can be PM'd or emailed with the complete list. Please don't send me one till everyone's on it.

Last but not least, I'm by no means trying to be the boss of this deal. I just have to think practical and rationally. As far as asking for help or delegating, I just need some support. So whoever is willing to start filling in the blanks on the questions I've asked, please, please do so. If your willing to pitch in if I need ya, I need to know that too.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I had a ton to cover.

Thanks guys,

Marko:wave:

• Members

On the topic of tshirts...

I can get them done, and on time even... the only thing holding things back right now is a count of how many we need.

As anyone who's ever travelled down the oh so fun road of silkscreening knows, the more you buy, the cheaper per piece it is.

I know when I order a small run (couple dozen) of my band shirts, I generally pay a little over 5 bucks per shirt for S-XL, extended sizes run $1 per extra X over extra large (XXL = +1, 3XL = +2, etc).

Also to be considered is the number of colors printed. My shirts run 2 colors on one side, so with our shirts being one color and one sided, the price per piece may drop slightly.

Also to be considered is the screen cost. Thankfully, the company I use only does a one-time screen cost, so if we need to reorder for some reason, we won't have to pay extra, just the per piece cost.

So, what I'm getting at in a kind of long-winded way is this, I need a count of how many shirts we're looking at getting so I can get a cost figured out.

So, those attending or even wanting a shirt, chime in here, PM me or email me (dmkicks at dmkicks dot com) and let me know qty, size(s), and if you;re attending or not.

If you're NOT attending, of course the shirts will have to be mailed to you. Obviously I'm not looking to make a profit here so the cost will be shirt cost plus shipping.

If you plan on using PayPal to pay, I'll have to tack on whatever their percentage is so I get the correct amount to cover both the shirt and shipping. Again, NO PROFIT FOR ME/US.

So, let me know ASAP. I'd like to be able to order the shirts at least 2 weeks before the event to make sure we get them in time.

• Members

Mark your doing an awesome job man,take a breath, i do agree with the keep it simple.

1 suggestion and it's none of my biz as i will be recovering from a surgery and wont be attending, from a production standpoint i think it would be wise to cut back on everybody bringing a kit and heres why i say that.

you have access to a video crew and micing of kits,the strike and set-up time is going to kill ya on production time ,if the crew is willing to donate their time i would think you would want to get as much on video as poss and try not to have them standing around on downtime.

being a camerman that is one of the things that eats my lunch,unless i'm getting a day rate. my.02

put me down for the purchase of a dvd.

• Members

Point taken Sat. But everyone's kit will be set-up already. All we would do is re-position the OH's, snare and kick, adjust levels and go. What 5 minutes? Or we're asleep. We don't have to mic all day, or even at all. I just thought if we went around the room, it would be nice. But it's not mandatory or anything.

Archived