OT: In memory of Tighthead Threads

twosticks

• Members

Sorry bout the Brisket Hof , but glad to hear about the Chicken.

I don't subscribe to Chili season , but I love it all the same as it is a harbinger of Pie season.

I dropped the bar and UFC for a mellow night in and some BBQ prep , doing some lazy mans BBQ , I browned the meat and am now letting it sit overnight in the croc-pot.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Turns out I had to fill in for a last minute U of A Volleyball game with the Alumni band. Fun game. Volleyball girls are HOT. I love their shorts (or rather, the lack thereof).

Now, there is a party planned at some friends' house. If I come home drunk, I'll be sure to stop by here to say hi.

• Members

the chili is a big hit,i knew it would be.

all the neighbors hang out at my house,i play music loud who's gonna bitch,there here !

LOL, Very true! That's the way it should be neighbors being neighborly! Damn sounds like some good cooking going all around! Where the hell is The DW??? I'm sure he could whip up something! I have to work nights all this weekend, as well as every weekend. Chili, Brisket, Chix Breast yummy!!

Big news is USC lost. I'm glad BYU lost after beating the Sooners, oh well, I don't think Sooners are all that this year. My brother was at the Fla-Tenn game. I only know because I saw his pics on Facebook.

Yeah I know American light beers are {censored}ty, but they work for me and my budget. I love Yeungling though, Glad they are finally avalible here in north Florida. Haven't had whiskey in ages, hard enough to be able to drink a few cold ones a night without wife saying much. When I start getting a bottle of strong stuff, is when she starts about me drinking too much.

Maneover: we have a grill like that as well, yeah it's cheap, haven't used it this year to smoke, more just to grill. Thanks for the advice!

Great to hear everybody is having fun! I hate to see summer go, days at the beach and pool with nice views of the scenery, but good games, cookouts, and parties makes up for it! Ya'll be careful and have fun!!

• Members

oh yeah!.

I ate a cold chicken/brisket sammich for breakfast.

there's edible beef after you scrape off the voluminous char in dem briskets. definy not my best. I believe I'll shred the stuff and mix in some sauce. with every sandwich for 2 weeks I'll think about what I've done.

• Members
oh yeah!.

there's edible beef after you scrape off the voluminous char in dem briskets. definy not my best. I believe I'll shred the stuff and mix in some sauce. with every sandwich for 2 weeks I'll think about what I've done.

when life hands you lemons make chopped beef!:lol:

• Members

^ The breakfast of champions.
i kind of like crispy brisket,much like a burnt fry.
guess i'll get some eggs scrambled and mix in a little left over chili and throw that bitch on a tortilla.
then while a little hung over go crank up the chain saw and get after a tree in my yard.

• Members

^ The breakfast of champions.

i kind of like crispy brisket,much like a burnt fry.

guess i'll get some eggs scrambled and mix in a little left over chili and throw that bitch on a tortilla.

then while a little hung over go crank up the chain saw and get after a tree in my yard.

TORTILLAS!!! 10 billion mexicans can't be wrong! Nothing like a chain saw to get out a little aggression! Time to crank up the JACKYL!

• Members

No kidding. A guy has a up and running farfisa. You will get tired of that sound in a hurry. Vox is more the vintage sound , but even then, I cant see hauling one. I am so glad gear has gotten lighter

It was a Farfisa Compact Deluxe. Fit in the trunk of his sedan, but still a heavy bastard - sounded great. It was perfect for the period almost tribute band stuff we are playing and he was a very good guitarist for the tunes that don't call for the organ.

• Members

oh yeah!.

It's the burnt ends of brisket you make chili with.

• Members

...but back to the topic at hand:

Had a wedding gig last night at one of the hotels in Waikiki. Pain in the ass to load in and out, but we got to eat dinner. Big buffet with crab legs and prime rib, among other things. mmmmm...good!

Hickam AFB is having an open house today, and the Thunderbirds will be putting on a show at 3 pm. Gonna go get myself all sunburnt!

:thu:

• Members

1001, manoeuver, on the whiskey front (sorry, a little late to the party,)

you guys ever drink evan williams? pretty damn cheap and SMOOTH. not as smooth as maker's mark, but close. and cheaper than jack/beam. totally worth it. the label looks like jack, but don't be fooled.

man-- as for the knob, i'm with ya. been on a woodford reserve kick, as of late, tho. pricey, but delicious. i usually do the evan, but i gotta do something really good from time to time. knob, woodford, 1792, buffalo trace, etc.

any suggestions?

• Members

Brought home a 6pack of Wild Blue from the bar after my shift and am relaxing in a quiet house... ahhhhhh

How is that beer?? I have always wanted to try it, but after trying this honey beer from michelob, i am kind of afraid to try a "flavored" beer. I usually just drink yeungling, tis my fav right now! I tried some warsteiner the other night, pretty good stuff!

• Members

How is that beer?? I have always wanted to try it, but after trying this honey beer from michelob, i am kind of afraid to try a "flavored" beer. I usually just drink yeungling, tis my fav right now! I tried some warsteiner the other night, pretty good stuff!

you drink yuengling in fla? that's a pittsburgh beer! it's a standard around here. i've been on an IPA kick.

• Members

Not normally being a beer drinker (I prefer my 151 say thankya) I really dig this stuff. Also not too shabby being 8% ABV :thu:

Get a 6er and try it, if ya don't like it, you're not out a ton of cash.

And as an aside, I'm about this close to getting my band sponsored by Yuengling :thu:

• Members

you guys ever drink evan williams?

yeah, I've had it. a friend of mine gave me a handle that was about 3/4 full. I got through another inch and handed it off to the next guy.

JD is about as cheap as I'll go anymore. I can go without whiskey for months if I don't have the scratch for a good bottle.

Archived