Outdated set-ups and drummers

JBrig

• Members

Their old ass fans (aka the regulars) want to see it and they pay him his salary. Tama gives him the drums (and the outrageous custom sizes) his tech paints em and then they get sold to a HardRock Cafe as a right-off.

Kinda sweet business model if you ask me.

So. Have you worked hard enough to be a hater full time or still doing it just a couple hours a week?

• Members

Their old ass fans (aka the regulars) want to see it and they pay him his salary. Tama gives him the drums (and the outrageous custom sizes) his tech paints em and then they get sold to a HardRock Cafe as a right-off.

Kinda sweet business model if you ask me.

So. Have you worked hard enough to be a hater full time or still doing it just a couple hours a week?

Good points. Still part time.:thu:

• Members

Its called show bidness........its about more than just the music, but appearance also........those guys are comin to our town next year, I hope I can get to see them finally........whether they are old or not!

Haven't seen them live in a while but back in the day they would play for hours, they don't talk to much ether.

• Members

Don't have a picture or video handy,

but John Fogerty's drummer as good as he is, the visual was a BIG disappointment..

Last I saw them on TV, the drummer had this really huge purple double bass kit with 2 hats and all kinds of cymbals, and it was sooo big..

I wanted to see some old school ya know, I mean nothin says old school and classic and legendary like John Fogerty or Creedence ya know. Was hoping to see some old guitars, tube amps, and old luddies or somethin, but instead it was classic tunes set to 80's metal band image.. Really pissed me off lol...

• Members

It was my understanding that he used the 2nd kick for one song, one fill. That triplet fill he does on "La Grange".

Old ZZ kicks ass. Real Texas Rockin' Blues

The 90's ZZ sucks.

I heard 1 or 2 cuts off the latest, last year I think and they got back to the blues gig again. Thankfully!

• Members

That is soooo bad ass!!! Never heard that before.. Thank you for the hook up.. Good stuff.

no sweat - I am awash in 60's garage rock because of my 60's band The Hi-Gains (we are adding this song at practice tonight). Tons & Tons of great stuff from that era & genre.

They had one album FLASH that you should be able to find online for free - 99th floor was the "hit" off it - back when bands could actually have regional hits (I hate corporate radio).

• Members

Don't have a picture or video handy,

but John Fogerty's drummer as good as he is, the visual was a BIG disappointment..

Last I saw them on TV, the drummer had this really huge purple double bass kit with 2 hats and all kinds of cymbals, and it was sooo big...

Clearly NOT Doug Clifford.

• Members

I'm in FULL agreement with Jbrig, I mean, C'mon!! who plays with these size kits anymore and actually uses'em !! I mean, they should institute the Logan's Run Rule for drummers; Once you hit 30, whatever group you play in , YER GONE!!!...take the sticks away, sell the kit, take'em out behind the barn....

Here's some guys who this should happen to::facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yn7x3QIOfw

Now, all we need is some evidence that ageism ACTUALLY does mean a toss, and I'll gladly put my sticks down....otherwise, see the above clips, and suggest that ranting on ' old fart players' is best left in the barn.....

:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

• Members

pure fun that band

possibly the only band from texas known internationally

and the drummer has at least a beard in his name

just to name a few

pantera

stevie ray vaughn

george jones

buddy miles

willie nelson

t-bone walker