Suggestions for kick pedal upgrade

pogoshoes

• Members

Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide (This is a little more expensive than the strap drive, but I prefer the chain-drive pedals anyways. I've had this pedal for a few years and I love it, easily adjustable, solid, and powerful.

Tama Iron Cobra Flexi-Drive (This one is the strap-drive version of the one I listed above). Same features and adjustability, but with a strap-drive rather than a chain-drive. I've never really felt a difference between the two, I just prefer the chain-drive.

• Members

Need a new kick pedal! What's the best kick pedal for the lowest price for a beginner to use.Don't want a crappy pedal,don't have alot of money.

"I want something good that's cheap. Something that's not junk, yet that costs nothing."

Learn this lesson:

Cheap and good rarely, if ever, go hand in hand.

Save up, buy once, cry once.

• Members

tama hp300... $65 no tax; free shipping

I have both the IC (hp900) and the IC Jr (hp300). The IC jr.'s are a little lighter (but not "cheap"). They have less adjustability than the IC's; but it's doubtful you'll ever use/need all the adjustments available on the 900.

My 2 cents is that the IC Jr. is a great value for the price.

• Members

whats the major difference in quality between the tama iron cobra and the iron cobra jr.?

Probably adjust-ability and Jr's are a single chain, where regular IC's are double chain strap. There are some guys on here, one I know for sure that loves his Jr. If this is a Christmas present, you're probably a bit late to look for used, but that's the route I'd go. IC's are a good pedal, I've owned a set and still own a single. But I prefer Pearl Eliminators. I own a strap(preferred) and a chain drive. The chain drive is fine, I just like the feel of the strap drive. At some point, pedals get very personal for the drummer. We all have our likes and dislikes. While DW's, (5000 and 9000) are high quality, they're both almost too smooth for my liking, especially the 9000.

An IC Jr would be a very nice starter pedal man. Hope I helped a tad. Good recommendations from all here though.

marko

Archived