If ya got about 20 minutes to kill...

Buckin Fastard

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny that you keep mentioning a strict adherence to structure in the context of jazz seeing as when you check the history it was so vehemently fought against by early bands and songwriters due to it's ragged rhythmic feel, non conformist chord, melodic, and tonal progressions, and other forms of refusal to confine itself to the constraints applied to western music by those who were primarily orchestral composers. It wasn't really until it was adapted into what was considered popular music form by the likes of Benny Goodman that an across the board definition of it was considered then established.

• Members

If you listen for a front to back musical experience, too many glitches matter.

well, you have to define whether it's about musicality or creation. creation is a process. not even confined to a specific song, or even a lifetime. musicality is more of an opinion, in my opinion.

• Members

post 29:

Now you're just judging. And judging taste at that. Which is not something that can be quantified objectively. You're starting to miss the point for the sake of having the last word.

There's a post missing between those ?

Anyway I never mentioned strict adherence to anything. Me and SC are on good vs suck.

History of jazz neither. It started. It caught on. I showed up late. It didn't care.

Notice free jazz is still holding out on the major labels.

• Members

Most people's creating should stay in the shed where they can take a couple months to work it out - and off the gig where it'll still take them a couple months to work it out.

there's something to be said about the inspiration of a live performance. oh, this is gettin' nowhere. musicians are going to do things you're not gonna like. nuff said.

• Members

post 29:

post 30 :

There's a post missing between those ?

Anyway I never mentioned strict adherence to anything. Me and SC are on good vs suck.

History of jazz neither. It started. It caught on. I showed up late. It didn't care.

Notice free jazz is still holding out on the major labels.

Anytime someone posts something that you think doesn't fall into some unknown realm of specificity you chirp about "these are the standard such and such should adhere to". It's cool if you want to backpedal. The fact remains music is subjective and contrary to what you may express, deny you said, then express in another post as if no one pays attention to your flip flopping, there may be generally accepted structures most musicians use but not all. Again, you're just arguing to have the last word at this point.

• Members
Anytime someone posts something that you think doesn't fall into some unknown realm of specificity you chirp about "these are the standard such and such should adhere to". It's cool if you want to backpedal. The fact remains music is subjective and contrary to what you may express, deny you said, then express in another post as if no one pays attention to your flip flopping, there may be generally accepted structures most musicians use but not all. Again, you're just arguing to have the last word at this point.

Jive dude. You just knetting. Describing yourself pointing at me. I used the word standards but not adherence. Pfft, the standards I'm speaking of are so sophomoric, strict adherence would be a suck formula. I bring them up because the subject material is often lacking in those areas. And very often in any redeeming qualities at all.

No backpeddling. I steel hee.

No meddling. You, SC both, attacked a long time ago with this subjective rubbish. Man I got Webster right on my browser. :freak:

You working for Musician's Friend? Am I hurting sales? lulz...

• Members

Aaaaand cue the thinly veiled ridicule once you can't come with anything after being caught trying to make it seem as though what you think is some kind of law. Nothing logical, nothing in any coherent progression let alone syntax. You prove time and time again that for all of your saying you don't want to argue you keep replying with mostly nonsensical statements which solicit disagreement/argument.

Poster: Hey, guys I like how this guy sounds.

1001 gear: Tu much bangee clangee. Should be mooving to point of snse makeeng. Duz nuthing for music.

Poster: Well I like it and it sounds good to me.

1001 gear: Neverno mind. Don't progress beyond artistic approach. Some shud ne'er play live. Has no feel. Doesn't follow standard approach of chord blah blah blah....

Poster: Ok then. Clarify for me. What standards do you mean?

1001 gear: Never said anything about standards. You mistaken if you think so. Just know what I like.

Poster: Dude, STFU

• Members

Aaaaand cue the thinly veiled ridicule once you can't come with anything after being caught trying to make it seem as though what you think is some kind of law. Nothing logical, nothing in any coherent progression let alone syntax. You prove time and time again that for all of your saying you don't want to argue you keep replying with mostly nonsensical statements which solicit disagreement/argument.

1001 gear: Tu much bangee clangee. Should be mooving to point of snse makeeng. Duz nuthing for music.

1001 gear: Neverno mind. Don't progress beyond artistic approach. Some shud ne'er play live. Has no feel. Doesn't follow standard approach of chord blah blah blah....

1001 gear: Never said anything about standards. You mistaken if you think so. Just know what I like.

Those aren't my words. You just tryin' to make a fight out of your dum posture. 'Sides you the one came in like the goov czar and you still kinda are that way. You post some enlightening tunes sometimes. Your musical guidance doesn't fare so well.

• Members

:lol: x100

too long to be a sig, to my chagrin.

• Members

Those aren't my words. You just tryin' to make a fight out of your dum posture. 'Sides you the one came in like the goov czar and you still kinda are that way. You post some enlightening tunes sometimes. Your musical guidance doesn't fare so well.

Not only am I the groove czar I ain't scared to let a person have their opinion about what they like without always throwing my two cents in on what's good and what ain't. Your "let people have their preference" guidance doesn't fare so well. I really hope that I ain't so jaded and ridiculous when I turn 70.

• Members

Nothing wrong with my words. All true. You seemed to have omitted some ignorant goading? I consider opening my mouth - on certain drummers as is the case here a sharing of my experience. You can take it or leave it but skoo U on that pigheaded tack a yawz. Debating you call it? I refuse to argue elementary music with antagonists.

PF might be ok. I'm not in the mood. Tell you this much though, repetitious groove, static harmony, same ol pentatonic melody - need weed or I'll just put Bob James on.

• Members

you two are BOTH bitches. yes, you know a lot about some music. but are totally unreachable to some of us folks who have a thirst for something different than what we're accustomed to. your arrogance gets in the way of the fact that this forum is, at it's base, a place to share and learn. and if you look at most of the posts here, you'd see that.

for instance, i tried to start a top ten list thread. buckey didn't post. 1k1 practically bitched about posting. wtf?? you guys push your opinions, and when i ask for them, you're nowhere to be found.

Archived