Dana House 'Playing' Gongs

rayboomboom

• Members

I didn't know that either. I've been to a gong bath before. Kind of a meditation/cleansing thing. The gongs are tuned to match certain fequencies that the earth vibrates at. That's what she's playing in the video.

I'd love to check out the Gong Chamber at Mephis drum shop. If you go to their website you'll see move videos.

BTW: the biggest gong she's playing is 82"!!!

• Members

Back in like 95-97 a hand percussionist neighbor and myself used to load up and drive a block down the street to this park, set up, and just play during the summer. We managed to get a good crowd after the first couple of months (100+ consistently) along with musicians of all walks. There was this guy who made his own hand drums, cymbals, gongs, percussion instruments, etc. who who come and just get the craziest sounds out of everything he played including gongs. I love finding out about folks like this.

• Members

That guy Mat Nolan is a BEAST of a cymbal maker and metallurgist. He made a cymbal I was drooling over in the rare and vintage cymbal site. He know metal and good sound...wonderful stuff.

That place could be a day tour for sure...for the modern percussionist that is... Dinney world still holds the record for all others...

• Members

Watch the Chris Coleman First impression video, it's great. It takes about 5 hits for it to start to peak. He wants one for his house!

$28,000.00:eek:

A total STEAL when you look into what it costs to rent one for a single day even.

(~$10k last I knew)

Funny: you guys act like you've never seen an 80" gong in person before.

Archived