metronome

JMR

• Members

There's the one from Korg, which is blueish. That's the one I have but I'm super happy with because it's maxed out at 208. There's the rhythm watch and any smart phone metronome app you can think of. I'm thinking of going with a smartphone app for a metronome, just make sure that you turn off all the updating stuff when you use it because it will cause it to lag.

• Members

If you have any kind of smart phone, get an app: Guitar Toolkit has a metronome, or Tempo Adv.

Even the free versions of these apps are more than adequate.

If you want a standalone unit that is tailored for drumming, allows you to manipulate multiple subdivisions, accents, etc., Tama Rhythm Watch.

• Members

If you want a standalone unit that is tailored for drumming, allows you to manipulate multiple subdivisions, accents, etc., Tama Rhythm Watch.

I'm in for this as well. I have one that I have used for about 6-7 years now and I love it. It's worth spending the extra money and also works extremely well as a live click track. Some of the "free" or smaller metronomes may not have enough volume to use live. No problem with the Rhythm Watch.

DB

DB

• Members

I want to pick up a decent metronome to practice with. What should I be looking at?

I've been using Metrophones for years. I get hearing protection, a metronome, and a 1/8 inch stereo input. GC has 3 to choose from.

• Members

and have a Beringer rackmounted metronome

Really?!? Please give me some details, as I have long wanted a rack mount metro, but never found one that wasn't part of a guitar tuner or some such dooflacky.

I assume by rack mount you mean 19" audio rack? I hope.

• Members

I too have metrophones I bought probably 6 or 7 years ago. I'm afraid they may have come to their end metronome wise. Really a bad design on how to change the battery. You gotta take the whole thing apart. I also think my 1/8 jack is screwed up because the sound either only comes out of one side or cuts in and out. I've tried several different cables with the same results.

For hearing protection though, they really are great. I'm thinking of breaking down and buying a Rythm Watch. I've tried several different cheapo metronomes and they're either just not loud enough or not stereo. And most of them had a beep, not a click. I prefer click which I think the Rhythm Watch does. I'm going to look into it. Then if the metrophones don't work with it, I'll get new headphones too.

I used to hate metronomes, but after starting to use one for the rudimental stuff, I really miss it when practicing.

Archived