Anyone else "hate" playing Live ?

IL Duce

• Members

One time a buddy of ours passed out after a night of heavy drinking. He managed to strip down to his skivvies and pass out face down on a couch. This {censored}er was one hairy dude. I mean, like a {censored}ing ape.

So we took turns lighting his hair on fire. Dude never woke up. Finally the smell of burning hair got to us, and we quit. But my friend lit the back of his leg on fire, and it burned up to his crotch just like a trail of gun powder. You could see the {censored} sizzling and smoking. The dude just grabbed his crotch a bit, and kept right on snoring. He never did figure out why he lost so much hair. He thought we shaved him or some {censored}. Later we told him we were setting him on fire. The {censored}er never passed out in his skivvies again.

A buddy of ours never actually passed out, but we did find him (pants & skivvies around his ankles) on his knees in the bathroom, blowing bubbles in the toilet bowl that he had just puked and shat into.

We dragged his naked ass outside and took turns with the hose. He had all kinds of fun with it, thought is was a game in his honor.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A buddy of ours never actually passed out, but we did find him (pants & skivvies around his ankles) on his knees in the bathroom, blowing bubbles in the toilet bowl that he had just puked and shat into.

We dragged his naked ass outside and took turns with the hose. He had all kinds of fun with it, thought is was a game in his honor.

was he cheesing his F'ing brains out?

• Members

Just got done playing live.

Collected a whole $27 at the door ($3/person) - and we KNOW there were more than 9 people there, hell between the people that showed up that I asked (3) and a guest of the guitarist, (1) - that's halfway to 9...lol

No one gave a {censored} what we were playing. We stop at the end of a song...nothing...lol.

Most people left in the middle of the third set.

Sounds like a {censored}ty night, eh? Yeah, it was...but, SO F'ING WHAT? I got to play out. Paid Practice w/ AC...lol

It was fun, we all screwed up some of our parts, but, in the end, we had a blast with it. The people I knew, said it sounded great...that said, most people will say good things if you ask them...especially if they know you!

So, we video taped the night - between tomorrow and Monday, we'll review it as a group, and see where our problems are and correct them...sicne we play there next Friday (July 5th).

Anyway...

• Members

Way to go, Jenks!!

We're playing tonight from 9-1. It's free admittance and it pays $300, so a whopping $60 each (we'll likely dump in in the band fund). We've promoted the hell out of it so we expect 75-100 people to show. It's about having a good time and providing good music to anyone who wants to come hear us. Well, that and hot women ;)

We also video all of our shows and watch the "game tape" afterward to see where we can improve. It helps tremendously and sometimes we even get good live audio out of it (example on our band page).

In July we have a Fri/Sat gig that pays $500/night, but it's quite a distance away.

We have another gig where we actually pay to play. It's a showcase club (huge stage, huge sound system and light show) with 5 bands. Each band pays $100 for 100 tickets and plays for an hour. You sell your own tickets for whatever price you want and keep the profit. Last time, we sold about 75 tickets and gave the rest away and we still cleared $500. And we got a great sound board recording out of it. With friends of 5 different bands coming, the place is packed which makes for a really fun time!

• Members

I too am playing live tonight!

It's a big local band's last show together so we're expecting a few hundred people out plus what we and the other 3 bands bring out... could be a packed house!

I'll also be debuting my Renowns and we're playing 2 new songs that nobody has heard! I'll try to get some media for you guys but I doubt audio or video will be going down tonight... we'll see!

• Members

Let's switch gears.... You're coming off a whole lot of pompous, Duce. The smug approach of "I'm really good at it but it doesn't appeal to me" is usually reserved for self-rightous granola mongers... or fine artists (my apologies to you hippie artists who do not fit this brazen stereotype). I don't think you're intending to come off this way... but you are.

How does this make him pompous? He's just being honest.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Hey there, i see that this is an old post so you may not even feel this way anymore but i am exactly the same. I play solo acoustic shows playing songs to drunk people and i hate it. I can not do it sober otherwise i feel anxious to the point of having panic attacks. I could probably handle one a week but at the moment i am doing three a week which is too much. I always get through the gigs fine all smiles no problems but the day after i just feel awful and anxious and on the verge of panic attacks. Any tips on how to cope with stress or anxiety (besides from quit my job because i need the money =P) ?? - - Cheers

• Members

Try posting this over in "Backstage With the Band" - there's a few solo acoustic guys who talk about similar feelings.

We're all drummers here and are obnoxious and exuberant about our chance to hit things in public and ogle pretty girls. :)

• Members

In response to freetime: " no offense or anything, its just that u dudes sit behind all of your instruments and guitarists/singers have to be entertaining."

Who says?

It's not what I do .

Looks like from your profile you're a guitar player. Explains a lot.

Archived