Drum Video: Show Us Your Stuff!

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats

View Post

LOL Drunk tambourine guy is always kind of funny until it's happening during one of your gigs. cop.gif

Indeed. One of our friends later walked on stage, went up to tambourine guy, ripped tambourine out of tambourine guy's hand, and threw it into the balcony. I watched this all happen while I was playing, and it seemed as though everything was in slow motion. It was pretty awesome. Drunk tambourine guy's countenance went to this: cry.gif

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just a little bit I did w/my kit I drug out of the closet, 16" bass drum, 12" RT, 13" FT, 14" Ludwig Rocker, just having some fun, and trying to show that you don't really have to have a great kit to get a decent recorded sound, I just put a pencil condensor about 7 ft high out in front pointed at the floor, sounds weird, but it worked, let me know what you guys think! could sound 100% crappy to all of you cus my compy speakers suck, but hopefully it sounds alright

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by johnrobbsmusic View Post
just a little bit I did w/my kit I drug out of the closet, 16" bass drum, 12" RT, 13" FT, 14" Ludwig Rocker, just having some fun, and trying to show that you don't really have to have a great kit to get a decent recorded sound, I just put a pencil condensor about 7 ft high out in front pointed at the floor, sounds weird, but it worked, let me know what you guys think! could sound 100% crappy to all of you cus my compy speakers suck, but hopefully it sounds alright
the little kit sounds great john! nice even distribution......recorded well also for what you used. well done.

• Members

thanks race smile.gif I appreciate it. I know it's not fantastic recording quality, but if people that put up videos of themselves drumming would just invest a tiny bit of money in a condensor like that and interface, youtube wouldn't be so cluttered with videos that are simply unwatchable cus of sound quality :/ /rant/ sorry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

from Sunday...

We played at a really cool house in Beaumont built in 1913. But wait, there's more. No central AC. That's the most I've ever sweat during a show, hah. We played with a group called Caddywhompus out of NOLA/Houston. Check 'em out if you get the chance. They good.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
from Sunday...

We played at a really cool house in Beaumont built in 1913. But wait, there's more. No central AC. That's the most I've ever sweat during a show, hah. We played with a group called Caddywhompus out of NOLA/Houston. Check 'em out if you get the chance. They good.

very nice Jake smile.gif I seriously love your style

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by johnrobbsmusic View Post
Nice John! Your kit sounds good to me cool.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zachrm24 View Post
awesome stuff Jake! thumb.gif
thanks, Zach! I dug the Rage cover wave.gif

This one's from our show on the 10th. We played the whole set straight through, pretty tiring! We were on a marquee for the first time as well. That was pretty sweet. At a couple of points during the show, I'm pretty sure I could hear some of the crowd singing along; that's really exciting.

Archived