DukeofBoom, this is your intervention.

MikeyParent

• Members

Hold on...let's focus on Duke!!! This is abot Duke and Mike's love/hate relationship with him!!! It has been said before, we are like a discunctional family here and Duke is the bastard stepchild while Mike is the Mormom uncle that wants to make it all better! Something like a sitcom and it is awesome to watch!

In Duke's defense, one does not have to the best on anything to offer advice, people can take it or leave it, who cares? Mike is smarter than most and knows how to get Duke sucked in to long winded threads like this where controversy can run wild! Both thrive on it! Mike and Duke need to get a room and sort {censored} out, or do it here in public...if you go to a room, get a camera so Chester Hoss can enjoy the show!

Oh...and Robby is still a dick!

Rod

LOL I am definitely NOT trying to create drama where none exists... just trying to find a way to peacefully co-exist. Not big on drama myself.

The truth is Duke's been here how long? And I still do not know how to take his comments. The thing with Robby aside, I understand that situation better now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's out of context. I first suspected he made the death thing up. Then it came out that he was in-love with this girl for 5 years or so, and she died. And he was literally
in love
with her hardcore for 5 years. HOWEVER, he never had sex with her, and she always gave him the "Let's just be friends" speech, which sucks when a girl you like tells you that. Yet he was still deeply in love with her for years.

So in turn, I had actually OFFERED to help him prevent the "lets just be friends" thing from happening to him in the future. He spurned my offer to help and went on his rampage that he is on now, twisting my words out of context.

To be fair, your intentions are hard to read at the best of times, let alone under those circumstances.

Just sayin. And this is what I am talking about, I for one don't know when your being a dick and when you are just poking fun in a "fun way".

• Members

I simply can't not be a part of a popular thread such as this.

To contribute:

I side with Duke because behind the douche (heh, get it?) lie hints of a sensible person with a fair sense of humor, and because Robby uses way too many question marks for no apparent reason in all of his posts.

Yea

• Members

To be fair, your intentions are hard to read at the best of times, let alone under those circumstances.

You should have checked with my side of the story to learn the real history about the feud between rockinrobby and myself before calling me out like this.

• Members

Wow, I somehow must have missed this thread but since I've been closely involved and have bear witness to many posts regarding
the differences between constructive, honest and verbally hurtful comments the truth to me is plain as day and people seem to be having an issue with it?

1. Mikey: Most of us just *know* either via intuition or common sense that the core construct of communication within a "discussion" (in person or the net) is meant for:

-personal satisfaction
-learning more about the other person/what they have to say/what they have to offer
-giving an opinion which exemplifies the reality of the observer's true point of view....which, is what Duke claims to offer but fails in society because he goes too far with his honest feedback.

2. What is honest feedback?
Because what is honest to me: is NOT honest to you. Make sense?
You're wanting Duke, and seemingly everyone else to fall in line with *your* perception that "honest feedback" includes carefully "scripted" comments designed to be constructive, which then begs the next question what is constructive? To you I know what it means and I would agree with you. Having been an internet social outcast like Duke I can tell you the *WHY* he does what he does.

This is an issue you cannot help him with.
He can only help himself because he can only change IF he sees it as a problem (which he does not) -See that?-

3. Conclusion + Recourse:
If someone offends you, makes comments you don't appreciate.
First: tell them.
2nd, tell a mod. Sure, any poster should know better but the fact is:
Many people in the internet sadly do not play with a full deck. They're missing {censored}.
So, all you can do is NOT let them get to you. Anderton treats this section like it's off topic jam or political party...

You may be dealing with someone who is damaged, which brings up the next question.
Should YOU or anyone have to deal with that bull{censored}? I don't think so.

I appreciate you making this thread, but you didn't get to the specifics of the problem
and with people that deny their liability...you either have to be exact or they will defend themselves with whatever you bring up about them.

Last Point: Rockin Robby:
This dude was full of ANYTHING but feedback.
He was the poster boy for forum trolling using one liners Stallone wouldn't touch.

The heart of the matter: is that Duke is capable of displaying the kind of posts
you *expect* of him or anyone to post in the name of common civility....however, it's not up to you, and this is where I think you should reevaluate your feelings so this way you can enjoy the forums without being bothered by ONE poster, or two...

• Members

2. Duke, Duke Duke...Due to your attention span I will be short and brief....

The thing is: you haven't earned the right to talk {censored} to people because you
fail at developing the kind of relationship(s) you don't have with people. So,
you should find it incumbent of yourself to think twice before talking {censored} that people
YOU KNOW will find offensive and hurtful.

You and I think a like which is why I don't get offended with {censored} you say.
Sure, on some level the humor is ripe and the punchline is pure satisfaction but
people have feelings. :wave: People don't want to come here and be {censored}-talked by some testosterone overdosed alpha male junkie who seeks to press upon his myopically dense opinion(s) of how how other people's music should be and how they should be. Make sense?

The fact is you're very likable, and funny when you're not being a {censored}ing dip {censored} thunder **** hell bent on making people {censored}ing cry bloody tears and throw their coke (or diet rite cola) respectively at their computer screens :facepalm:

So, please man, just lighten up, get laid and if you already do?
Then why are you so mad? Sex is like doing hard core drugs.

Smile more, laugh at yourself, then join in the forum with a positive attitude
that will become contagious for you and for us. :thu: If not, then eat a dick :lol: j/k

• Members

psychology, reverse psychology and "long ass post" rain abundant

Wordiness and stilted language seems to be a big stumbling block for a lot of smart, presumably borderline nerdy, men who comment here. These guys aren’t losing points on the technicals; they’re losing points on style.

So, a word of advice: succinctness is the soul of cool.

• Members

Wordiness and stilted language seems to be a big stumbling block for a lot of smart, presumably borderline nerdy, men who comment here. These guys aren’t losing points on the technicals; they’re losing points on style.

So, a word of advice: succinctness is the soul of cool.

I agree with junior here.

There's sometimes good info lost in the douchey pomposity of the membership here. Summary please, mother{censored}ers. Stop worrying about how smart you appear on the internet and just get to the {censored}ing point.

• Members

More evidence that the internet has destroyed the human mind; the average person has the attention span of the average gnat or goldfish.

You guys ever heard of War and Peace, Les Miserables (not the musical)? 1500 pages of pure bliss.

Not that I'm comparing MikeyParent's initial post to Tolstoy or Hugo....:rolleyes:

• Members

I agree with junior here.

There's sometimes good info lost in the douchey pomposity of the membership here. Summary please, mother{censored}ers. Stop worrying about how smart you appear on the internet and just get to the {censored}ing point.

^^^ Great minds think er, derp alike.

• Members

I am a Duke. Dukes do whatever they want.

Internet personas aside man, you're anything but.

You can fool yourself into thinking you can do whatever you like -but we all know better -because instead of eating glue most of us were using it to adhere {censored}.

Toxins really mess up child growth.

• Members
You guys ever heard of
War and Peace
Les Miserables
(not the musical)? 1500 pages of pure bliss.

Not that I'm comparing MikeyParent's initial post to Tolstoy or Hugo....
:rolleyes:

Oh, but you SHOULD compare them! I took Mikey's post to bed last night and stayed up reading for hours, enthralled! Pure literary classic! lol

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2770215-Audio-Interfaces-for-Recording-at-Home&p=42762559&viewfull=1#post42762559

You can fool yourself into thinking you can do whatever you like -but we all know better -because instead of eating glue most of us were using it to adhere {censored}.

Toxins really mess up child growth.

Your malicious Freudian psychoanalyses are very amusing. At least they're good for a laugh.

Since you seem to be preoccupied with my childhood, the truth of my upbringing is this: I was born to a mother and father who hailed from a long line of warriors and revolutionists. Unfortunately, the state arrested them for Political Dissent when I was 2. I never heard from them again. In turn, my brother and I were raised by a pack of wolves in the steppe. When we became teenagers, we returned to society to carry on our family tradition of nobility.

Now, permit me to have a little fun and to perform a psychoanalysis of you. I've noticed that in the majority of your (over-long) posts, you adopt a tone of fatherliness and wisdom which hide - for the most part - an undertone of condescension; you attempt to position yourself as a pillar of the community. However, almost all of your mini-essays are written for the two weakest individuals on this forum - Grace Slick and JVardon - and you tend to avoid any discussion on the craft of playing music or songwriting with grown-ups, the ones who can actually provide growth-oriented perspective. I've noticed that these same traits - engaging the weak, avoiding your intellectual peers, and thinking of yourself as a wise community-leader - are most commonly found in the most degenerate criminals in all of society: pedophiles and child-rapists. These sex-offenders are often community-leaders - priests, Habitat for Humanity volunteers, etc - yet they do all this as a facade to avoid suspicion for their true motives - lasciviously preying on the young.

• Members

Excuse me but what gives you the right to label me as one of the weakest members?

And on what basis have you made this accusation? What makes me so "weak," according to you?

Weakest as in:

1) Most naive about life in general, and not "knowing thyselves"

2) Lacking internal fortitude and self-conviction. Both of you are plagued by self-doubt and the need for social reinforcement.

3) Oftentimes vardon and graceslick will engage in wildly off-topic banter that goes on for pages about pop stars {censored}ing hairstyles. Take that to one of the Off-Topic Misc forums.

Furthermore, I can't remember when the last time vardon posted a clip of him singing, or giving advice, despite now having 1000 dollars worth of singing lesson DVDs and material. But I CAN remember the last time he and slick went on for pages about some pop tart's hairstyle, or passive-aggressively reaming Amelia a new one.

I know, I know, the truth hurts. But someone has to say it.

It's not a bad thing that you're weak per say, since everyone starts out as a worm. But it's a bad thing that you're in denial.

• Members

1, I'm 19, of course I'm the most naive.

2, Where is my self doubt? I know for a fact that I'm not as good as I want to be. I'm okay but not up to my own standard, I will be soon just not yet. And as for the social reinforecement? LOL! How often do I post clips in the hopes that you will all give me praise good comments only. You'll find that I don't actually have that many clips on the forum so that does not apply to me, nor does the entire second point.

3, We have never talked about hair, when was that? We usually discuss things in our own lives, eg. the whole thing about hummous and healthy eating. Very occasionally will we divert into talking about celebs. I recently asked about Grace Slick but that wasn't a full conversation and she's a singer so it has some merit. I know we should take our very off topic conversations elsewhere but we don't sink to chattering on about celebs.

I don't care if you can't remember the last time I uploaded a clip. I've been on the SS course and I've gotten better but I haven't found any songs that really fit my voice. It's an oddly placed voice in the music world. And yes I haven't given anyone any actually useful advice in a while, but that's because I try to only comment on what I know. My ideas on alternative, classic or funk rock will not be the most valuable since I don't listen to those genres. You wouldn't ask your girlfriends stylist to comment on the setup of your exhaust system, would you?

And no, your "truth" does not hurt. The delusions, however, are fascinating.

Archived