Eating Out

Thunderbroom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bring my son to a random burger house once a week or so. More for the games than the food.

other than that I cook myself and tend to avoid ready made food. It's always too greasy and salty.

Due to my job I eat at the restaurant pretty often for lunch. It quickly becomes boring so I alternate with homemade sandwiches or salads.

Once or twice a year I try to have dinner in a very nice restaurant, usually with a good friend.

• Members

We probably do takeout 1-2 times a week on average. Too much in my opinion but a lot of times I'm off to some sort of rehearsal by the time my wife walks through the door and she's not much of a cook.

• Members

I'm hearing pretty much what I expected.

:(

My wife/kids are driving me nuts with this. They tend to eat out at least one meal per day (7 days a week). They think this is normal. Since none of them contribute to the cash flow, they seem to be oblivious to how much it costs us. When I try to broach the subject, and I try to be as polite about it as possible, they tend to say "there you go again complaining about money". As long as the ATM works, we must have money, right?

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by xvertirx

I love eating out.
;)

I knew someone would eventually say something!!!:D

It depends... I always go out to eat when someone is visiting or my parents are up or whatnot, but when nothing like that goes on I can go a long time between restaurant visits.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Two words: Taco Bell.
:D

No Taco Bell here :(

and everything is very expensive, 12" sub at subway is 12$, Mcdonalds meal around 11$, 1 15" pizza at dominos is 22$ and so on.

• Members

Originally posted by Gaui

No Taco Bell here
:(
and everything is very expensive, 12" sub at subway is 12$, Mcdonalds meal around 11$, 1 15" pizza at dominos is 22$ and so on.

I hope my wife doesn't read this, or she'll use this as an excuse to eat out more. I can here her now: "Be glad we don't live in Iceland!"

• Members

Originally posted by sludgebass69

Unfortunately, probably at least 5 times a week...............
:o

Gotta put me and my family in this range also, unfortunately.

Plus I work out of town Mon-Fri anywhere from 20 - 30 weeks per year. When I'm on the road I am usually by myself and I eat 3 meals a day in restaurants. It gets real old!!!

The real treat is sitting down to a homecooked meal in my own home...

• Members

In a normal month I may average 2 to 3 meals a day out, but I am also in the travel industry and spend a lot of time on the road. The company picks up the check for that fortunately! Still, it is a real treat as said to sit down to a good relaxing meal at home.

Archived