Behringer Bass amps?

fuzzball

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Consider a Sansamp BDDI. $190 You can use the Gorilla as a monitor, and the BDDI will give you a pretty damned good recorded tone, either clean or using the preamp. Better still the Sansamp RBI. $299.

The Countryman Model 85 is one of the most recognized and popular DI's for bass recording. $135.

An Avalon U5 is the real shiznit. $500 but soooo worth it.

All sorts of options and prices.

Friends don't let friends buy Behringer.;)

• Members

I own a variety of things from behringer and none of it has broken on me and has performed flawlessly. The only thing I can suggest is try it with your own ears and see for yourself. Only you know what you like. I can get the sounds I need so it has lived up to its purpose.

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

Thanks, I am only a bass player on occasion, I usualy play guitar or drums. I have a Gorilla bass amp, but it sort of sucks. I need a good recording bass set up. I am considering a nice amp, or something like Behringer v amp or pod.

This person is a player on occasion, don't have him buy all kinds of crazy {censored} until he/she is ready. Now, back to your question. Behringer stuff is decent, especially for someone looking to get better, improve or whatever you call what you are doing. Some on this board and talkbass.com, who actually own the gear and have the right to comment on it, would say it's gig worthy. Many have recorded with it and Alex Lifeson from Rush uses a product or two. That's a man that knows some {censored} too and he's got mad coin. I bought a BX 600 60 Watt for $139 2 1/2 years ago and it is a sweet combo, still going. Some people don't understand that money is hard to come by and playing and jamming is a priority.

Do searches on both sites and get a peek @ what others are saying and look at reviews from retail sites and HCF reviews section.

• Members

I've owned the BX4500 for about 2 weeks now, and like the others have said, it's decent for the money. If you like playing clean (ie: no od/dist.) it sounds fine ( I can't really comment on it's gain cababilities yet because the 4x10 I bought has 2 dead speakers in it, and once I get the new ones in I'll know what it can REALLY do ;) ). You can also use it as a power amp and plug in a pre-amp in a pinch. Another thing is that it's 450 watts so I can't see gigging with it being a problem.

True, you can look around and try to find something used for the same amount of money, but as far as new amps go, I think they're great for people who want a decent amp and not have to spend a ton of money.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike in Albany

This person is a player on occasion, don't have him buy all kinds of crazy {censored} until he/she is ready. Now, back to your question. Behringer stuff is decent, especially for someone looking to get better, improve or whatever you call what you are doing. Some on this board and talkbass.com, who actually own the gear and have the right to comment on it, would say it's gig worthy. Many have recorded with it and Alex Lifeson from Rush uses a product or two. That's a man that knows some {censored} too and he's got mad coin. I bought a BX 600 60 Watt for $139 2 1/2 years ago and it is a sweet combo, still going. Some people don't understand that money is hard to come by and playing and jamming is a priority.

Do searches on both sites and get a peek @ what others are saying and look at reviews from retail sites and HCF reviews section.

If he buys good quality stuff now, you and I will save money later when he sells it on E-Bay. Quit thinkin of other poeple. :mad:

• Members

I wouldn't call Behringer stuff super high quality, but it does work well.

I have the BDI pedal, and my one band has a few of the SM58 mic copies and a Behringer board.

The pedal so far works awesome, the mics have been great, and actually sound better then my other band's Shure mics. The board was working well, but I suspect any board would develop a few problems if dropped onto a concrete floor from 5 feet.

Yeah, there's better stuff out there, but for an occassional player, you can't go wrong for the price.

• Members

I have a Behringer 300T head you can have for $100 + shipping if you want...works great and sounds fine....I just happens to be in Korea for the next few years while it is sitting in my Dad's basement in Ontario, Canada

PM me or post if interested

btw my Behringer BDDI knock off is still working fine...must have gigged with it 30 times in the last 4 or 5 months and jammed/practiced another 40 or 50...

• Members

Behringer bass amps? BAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA!

Sorry, that was rude and unkind. What was the question again? Oh yes, Behringer bass amps...

BWAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA! Oh God I can't feel my legs! BAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA!

• Members

And now for something more coherent and constructive:

I have a 1200 Combo. I've never had a problem with it. In fact it's quieter than my "real" amps AFA noise. B is a good brand to get into if you are not sure about your long term commitment. For home use it's perfect.

You don't want to get stuck with several hundreds in amps and cabs that you never use. Sure you can sell them, but always at a loss.

I've outgrown my B combo already but I took it to the office so I can practice there. It's cheap enough that it won't be much of a loss if someone lifted it @ work. :)

• Members

I have a bx4500h and for the money you can't beat it. it's an almost identical copy of an ashdown (except for cosmetics) sounds about the same and is I think louder . i use mine with a 115 peavey and a 118 folded horn cab and the thing is loud it can move a small house. not far but still move it. they are pretty versitle you can get a lot of different sound out of them the shape filter lets you fine tune you sound from ss/tube thier all there just takes a little tweeking i have other behringer products and have never had a problem with any of them. so for the $$ you can't get anything better IMO and they seem to stand up to anything i can throw at them and im not that easy on equiptment i don't abuse it but i don't baby it either. the only differance between the behringer and the ashdown in tone is the ashdown has a little better bass response at low volume you have to crank the behringer a little before it really start to kick in but it has better treble response up high where the ashdown losses some at higher volume but once you get it diald in to your tone and crank it they really kick ass.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

Behringer is the only gear where you'll see people post things like, "I've gigged with it
X
times and it's still working". Great. How often do you see comments like this about other brands?

I'd rather have nothing than buy crap.

Craig I think these statements are borne out of ppl reacting to Behringer Bashing and making a case out of their experience. The other brands aren't bashed as much so you hardly hear the comments.

Folks like you who can avoid buying low end products are lucky. But for someone just starting out on a limited budget, Behringer is a good choice.

• Members
Originally posted by syciprider

Craig I think these statements are borne out of ppl reacting to Behringer Bashing and making a case out of their experience. The other brands aren't bashed as much so you hardly hear the comments.

Folks like you who can avoid buying low end products are lucky. But for someone just starting out on a limited budget, Behringer is a good choice.

+1 I agree I own a few behringer products and have found them to be very good also I have owned many larger brand names ie ampeg sunn fender the list goes on and hve found them to be very good also infact my favorite amp was a sunn colosium 880 and #2 was an svt but I still like my behringer If there so bad how come so many people use them and why are they still in bussiness. just a thought.

• Members

Behringer is the only gear where you'll see people post things like, "I've gigged with it
X
times and it's still working". Great. How often do you see comments like this about other brands?

He asked how they hold up, so how else would you measure durability in an amp but to state how many times you have used it without problems? I'd rather hear a specific answer like that than just "great" or "good". If someone asked about the durability of you car, you would tell them how many miles you put on it, right?

As for other brands, Behringer is much less well-known than other brands, hence the durability question is asked more about Behringer.

• Members
:D as far as mine goe's I use it every day got it in july it has been giged about 10-12 times and has probably 200+ hours on it. no problems. I also have a behringer 1200 vampire head that my guitar player uses he likes it better than his ampeg and ive had that for a year or more got it when they first came out and it's got a lot of hours on it also no problems in fact I can't think of anyone I know that uses behringer products that has had a problem with there stuff. the stuff is almost bullet proof not that some don't everything breaks down evenchaly but it is reasonablly good stuff for the money accually very good for the money .although i did remmember one a friend of mine has the analog version of the vampire amp that blowd up but he was useing the wrong impedece extetion cab with it and fried the output transisters but he's stupid that way anyway I told him that it wouldn't work but he did it anyway and about halfway though practice it quit on him but it was still under warrent and they fixed it but wrote him a EMAIL back that said something like we ussally see this kind of thing when the wrong impedence speakers are used. and asked if he was useing extention speakers he said no it just quit and they fixed it but I think they knew better but fixed it anyway so id say there customer service is pretty good to.

• Members

X

The reason people say that is because there is the image of unreliability. So people naturally counter by saying that the products they're using are working fine.

• Members

Originally posted by JimboJ

He asked how they hold up, so how else would you measure durability in an amp but to state how many times you have used it without problems? I'd rather hear a specific answer like that than just "great" or "good". If someone asked about the durability of you car, you would tell them how many miles you put on it, right?

As for other brands, Behringer is much less well-known than other brands, hence the durability question is asked more about Behringer.

+1 certainly better than random statements with no basis in experience.....or 'good ole boy' quips and 'oh so witty' commentary that doesn't answer the question

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Behringer bass amps? BAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA!

Sorry, that was rude and unkind. What was the question again? Oh yes, Behringer bass amps...

BWAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA! Oh God I can't feel my legs! BAAAAHAHAHAH!! HEEEEHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAHAHAHA!

:rolleyes: yeah better that someone just starting out on bass or a guitarist just wanting a bass amp at home to work on some ideas drops a pile of cash on an 'acceptable' brand to avoid your critiscism.

in fact why the hell are kids who are buying their first car or lower income families driving those affordable Hyundais...lets all laugh at them for not buying a $30,000 + SUV right?

Archived