Black Dems pelt black Republicans with Oreo cookies

chris dax

• Members

this is interesting....the hypocrisy and double standards are breath-taking...

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.

"If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."

Interesting choice of "racial" vs "racist".

Apparently a black person can never be racist (only racial), while a white person can never not be a racist.

I'm longing for the day that a conservative who's skin color is black can be seen as a conservative and not some kind of freak by some black people. That will be some real progress for us as a society.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by chris dax

I'm longing for the day that a conservative who's skin color is black can be seen as a conservative and not some kind of freak by some black people. That will be some real progress for us as a society.

I agree.

• Members

Originally posted by chris dax

I'm longing for the day that a conservative who's skin color is black can be seen as a conservative and not some kind of freak by some black people.

That will happen the day that there is a black conservative who isn't a freak. To date, the more prominent black conservatives have left a lot to be desired.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that cookie pelting is appropriate.

• Members

Originally posted by Hotblack

That will happen the day that there is a black conservative who
isn't
a freak. To date, the more prominent black conservatives have left a lot to be desired.

I guess you're referring to "freaks" like Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele and Condi Rice.

Sure they may leave a lot to be desired by someone who has a different political/social philosphy. But that does not make them ignorant house niggers as those Maryland dems are refering to Michael Steele.

Respect the man for his hard work and achievement and then make a persuasive counter-argument. The name calling and other deplorable antics of his opposition give an insight into the substance (or lack thereof) of their positions.

It's a disgraceful display and a sad spectacle to behold. I hope the voters of Maryland will make their decisions on the merits of each candiate's position, and not on the basis of this kind of cheap theatre that lowers the standard of social and political discourse...c-d

• Members

I'm not surprised in the least. My mother's first teaching job was at a high school where the student body was 60 percent black. She entered her new proffession with grand idealistic visions of giving the gift of education and improving young lives. I remember how she would come home frustrated and in tears. Nobody at that school wants to learn, she would say, and the few who desire to work hard and get good grades are harassed and ostracized by the others. They're called "oreos" and even beaten up after school in the parking lot.

Needless to say, mom got the hell out of that school at her earliest opportunity (is it any wonder black schools can't keep good teachers?). The stories mom brought home from Washington Union High convinced me that black racism is a bald-faced fact and I haven't seen anything in the past 40 years to change my mind.

• Members

That will happen the day that there is a black conservative who isn't a freak. To date, the more prominent black conservatives have left a lot to be desired.

So, you think this behavior is okay?

What more should they show? Wear hood ornaments? Rap? Poor english? What exactly should they show?

• Members

Originally posted by thelurker

So, you think this behavior is okay?

What more should they show? Wear hood ornaments? Rap? Poor english? What exactly should they show?

Like I said in the Disclaimer, I don't believe that the behavior is OK. It's not OK. It's wrong.

Nevertheless, though they have chosen a poor way to voice their disapproval, it doesn't mean that their disapproval is unjustified.

• Members

we have the same problem here mudbass. you can teach at a private school and have the joy of teaching students but the pay is low. you can teach at a public school for the money and thats it. its a crying shame. i send my child to private school and pay $325.00 a month. that is just tuition. if i sent her to the public schools around here i would fear for her everyday. i am trying to get away from here and will one day.

• CMS Author

...though they have chosen a poor way to voice their disapproval, it doesn't mean that their disapproval is unjustified.

I don't think anyone thus far has tried to say their dissaproval is unjustified. It's the act that is at issue here, and the incredible hypocrisy or double standard of racism they practice.

It's bad enough the country barely has two political parties. The black population only has one, and seems blind to the fact that this party has {censored}ed them over from the first day they finally achieved the right to vote.

What will it take to change this? How many good potential conservative black candidates have never stepped forward for fear of this type of reaction?

• Members

That will happen the day that there is a black conservative who
isn't
a freak. To date, the more prominent black conservatives have left a lot to be desired.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that cookie pelting is appropriate.

Alan Keyes was the best presidential candidate of the last 20 years. The prominent black "liberals" are all crazy. (As are the whites.)

• Members

I haven't read the article, but don't have to. This is an appalling event, and, as a Black American, further shows how little representation we get from either party from politicians of ANY race.

Once again, I restate my political opinion: The American system of Government is so flawed that a complete overhaul is necessary. NO one currently holding an office is worthy of the job, and ALL should be replaced.I realize this is not a practical opinion, and will never happen, but I see it as the only fix.

NONE of those people represent me. Never have, never will.

• Members

Originally posted by bassgeek

I haven't read the article, but don't have to. This is an appalling event, and, as a Black American, further shows how little representation we get from either party from politicians of ANY race.

Once again, I restate my political opinion: The American system of Government is so flawed that a complete overhaul is necessary. NO one currently holding an office is worthy of the job, and ALL should be replaced.I realize this is not a practical opinion, and will never happen, but I see it as the only fix.

+1 ..Lug for Emperor!

• CMS Author

Originally posted by bassgeek

It's not the system that is so flawed, it is the people in it. To whom are you referring by "we" in your second sentence? "Black American"? Maybe when black Americans begin to look at themselves as simply Americans, some progress can be made. I'm sure there are plenty of "you" who could be great political candidates if "you" would just give them a better chance than those in the article did.

The "us" and "them" mentality is so {censored}ing tiring.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

What kind of representation do you want?

I don't know.... maybe someone who is really in office to serve the public, not to further their own agenda. Like I said before, though, this is unrealistic and impractical, and will never happen.

I'd like to see elected officials who run on a platform of school reform get in and actually attempt to reform schools.

I'd love to see the Family court system revamped so Dads get a more fair say.

I'd love to see a politician get in office on a promise to aid the homeless, and see some homeless people find homes....

All of these things are pipe dreams, as long as there is so much red tape clogging up the system.

Archived