another "what are you listening to" thread.

bikehorn

• Members

Actually, I am WATCHING some John Denver PBS special (between all the begging-for-money interruptions).

*I am so lame!*

I saw him twice in concert. Him with acoustic guitar, a second acoustic guitarist, and on upright bassist. Amazing sound. Very accomplished musicians, all three. Great writer. Great entertainer.

• Members

Originally posted by ezstep

Actually, I am WATCHING some John Denver PBS special (between all the begging-for-money interruptions).

*I am so lame!*

I saw him twice in concert. Him with acoustic guitar, a second acoustic guitarist, and on upright bassist. Amazing sound. Very accomplished musicians, all three. Great writer. Great

entertainer.

Thank God I'm a country boy.:thu:

• Members

Just picked up a copy of this, haven't had a chance to lsiten to it yet, but I liked the samples when I played it at Borders.

B000002I5L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Also, picked up another copy of this:

B00008KKTN.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

... but not the Japanese re-issue. See, I have a neice studying "music business" as a major. In fact, as part of her junior year, she's doing an internship at Martha's Vineyard next semester to work on the production of an album at an actual studio. Cool!

Anyway... My brother and I, both bass players with a love of big band and jazz, (I'm a little more big band, he's a little more jazz), figure that if this is what she's doing, she's got to know about America's true contribution to music. So, I'm giving her this, and he's giving her "Kind of Blue". We actually came up with a list of 5 each, after which he said, "You know, we'll have to get her something she likes, too." :D

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

For the last 20 or 30 minutes I've been listening to some techno-trance on an internet radio station.

boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom ...

:D

:D

• Members

I finally found a nice, sealed copy of Radiohead's OK Computer on vinyl (double LP). It's the Parlophone pressing, which is supposed to have the best sound quality.

It's spinning on my audio weenie Hi-Fi setup as we speak. Just like bass amps, all-tube phono preamps and S.E.T. mono-block power amps are the only way to fly :thu:

Emre

Archived