Bayou Cables

Thunderbroom

• Members

It looks like YFC is going to replace all of our PA cables and Bayou Cables will get the business. I've heard nothing but good things about Butch. I just sent him an email and got an email back within 20 minutes.

I'm thinking that we are going to colorcode our cables to make them easier to hook up. Have any of you done something like this? If so, what color scheme did you go with?

• Members

I've been in bands where we used colored tape to mark the cables: Red for mains, blue for monitors, and individual colors for each player (green for bass, yellow for guitar #1, orange for guitar #2, etc). It worked for us.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

Why not bid the job out, and see what audiopile can do? They seem to be in about the same price category to start with. A cable shootout......

I've thought about that though I'm not interested in dragging this out.

• Members

Butch at Bayou Cables is THE MAN. Call his number (it's on his website) and there's a 90% chance he'll pick the phone up. He's always there unless he's got a gig, practice, or he's recording.

And, I've been there and seen him do his work. He really pays attention to detail. Butch is also a bass player and he mods the electronics in his own basses to an unbelieveable result! He's got a bass right now with dingwall pickups in it that weighs about 7 lbs. and kicks the snot of just about anything out there right now! It was sort of a project bass that got pieced together and it's awesome.

Honestly, the guy can't come recommended highly enough.

• Members

Bayou Cables are the {censored}. Butch made the banana clip to 1/4 jack cables for my rig and they are hands down some of the best I've ever owned. He's also top notch about answering e-mails as well. Any time I need custom made cables, it will be Bayou Cables.

And thanks to MyBassInYourFace for pointing me in that direction. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Why do you prefer Mark's cables over Butch's?

I like the cover material on the cable Audiopile uses a little better. It just seems to handle easier and like the fit between the cable and the jack better. Both the Audiopile cables and Butch's cables are constructed with high quality parts and the workmanship is first rate, but for me it's just a couple of little things that put Audiopile slightly ahead.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

I like the cover material on the cable Audiopile uses a little better. It just seems to handle easier and like the fit between the cable and the jack better. Both the Audiopile cables and Butch's cables are constructed with high quality parts and the workmanship is first rate, but for me it's just a couple of little things that put Audiopile slightly ahead.

Thanks!

• Members

i have two instrument cables and two speaker cables from Bayou.

his soldering job is the best i have ever seen.

I stepped on one of my cords the other night...put a hell of alot of presure on the cord...i weigh 280...and i had pretty much jumped on it...it bent the 1/4 plug... and the solder didnt even think about coming loose. so i bent the plug back where it was supposed to be...and it still works like new.

i will never buy cables from anywhere else.

you wont get better soldering from any other company.

:thu:

• 1 year later...

Archived