Israel sends 10,000 troops into Lebanon

bringtherock

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

exactly. thus meaning that all their talk of using precision guided munitions and taking every care to only hit hezbollah positions, not civilian targets, is a total lie. i sympathise with their situation but theyre lying through their back teeth and all those in the world whose opinion counts (the bush administration and their supporters) are buying it.

Do you think the Bush administration actually believes it, or that it's just easier to deal with the American public if they play dumb on the issue?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Derek5272

Do you think the Bush administration actually believes it, or that it's just easier to deal with the American public if they play dumb on the issue?

It's pretty obvious what's going on, and the media is still reporting it as if the Israelis are committing war crimes. The Bush Administration is mum on this because no matter what they do or say, it's not going to be right once the media is done analysing it, so why bother?

I think Bush should just come out and say that he supports the killing of civilians as long as the civilians dress like militants. Then what the {censored} are they going to say?

C7

• Members

Well, I guess Bush's ratings can't really go too much farther down anyway
:p
I'm not saying I disagree with what Israel's doing at all, just that the American public is likely to get very upset if the government says they support it.

Like I said, no matter what Bush says, the public isn't going to support it. I hope Bush cares about his media-sponsored approval rating as much as I do, which is 0%.:D

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Like I said, no matter what Bush says, the public isn't going to support it. I hope Bush cares about his media-sponsored approval rating as much as I do, which is 0%.
:D
C7

Actually, Bush is banging up around 40% again. Time for the media to whip out another "groundbreaking" story to fix that. :D

• Members

Originally posted by lug

Actually, Bush is banging up around 40% again. Time for the media to whip out another "groundbreaking" story to fix that.

You mean the unsubstantiated kind? Those are my favorites.

I can't wait until the next election to see what they have to say about our new Republican president.:D

C7

edit: and don't any of you guys say that we'll never elect a Republican in '08. You tried to convince me of that in '04, I'm not falling for it again.:D

• Members

Originally posted by lug

Actually, Bush is banging up around 40% again. Time for the media to whip out another "groundbreaking" story to fix that.

See, that's my problem with free market economies. Even though it's a democratic nation, the actions of the elected government are controlled by the major corporations (mostly networks), not necessarily because of corruption on the part of the government, but because the majority of people are stupid enough to believe whatever the media tells them to believe. If CNN, CBS, whatever, want the American public to believe the government is doing a bad job, they just have to broadcast the right angles of the right stories to get popularity ratings in the hole.

• Members

You mean the unsubstantiated kind? Those are my favorites.

I can't wait until the next election to see what they have to say about our new Republican president.
C7

edit: and don't any of you guys say that we'll never elect a Republican in '08. You tried to convince me of that in '04, I'm not falling for it again.

For as much {censored} as the republicans have gotten into over the last 6ish years, any competent, well led political party should've surpassed them easily. It's comforting knowing that both sides of the aisle are equally corrupt, self-absorbed, petty, and worthless as eachother.

• Members

If CNN, CBS, whatever, want the American public to believe the government is doing a bad job, they just have to broadcast the right angles of the right stories to get popularity ratings in the hole.

That, or just conduct the surveys themselves, and refuse to publish the questions asked in the surveys.:D

But still contend that the findings are rock solid accurate and trumpet them 30 times a day.:D

C7

• Members

Originally posted by bringtherock

For as much {censored} as the republicans have gotten into over the last 6ish years, any competent, well led political party should've surpassed them easily.

So you are saying the Repubs are a shoe-in again? :confused::eek::confused:

• Members

Counter-insurgency operations are incredibly difficult to conduct---look at the US in Iraq, and you get a feel for the problems facing Israel.

The IDF is fighting a group who blend in to the local populace (and use the locals for shields). Hezbollah operate in small cells, so it's difficult to mass forces to attack a point target.

At the same time, the Israelis have to avoid collateral damage and civilian casualties.

The only real advantage Israel has right now is, while most Western public opinion is calling for a cease-fire, much of the West recognizes Hezbollah as a threat that needs to be controlled.

That, and Israel has always been pretty much immune to criticism from the international community.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

So you are saying the Repubs are a shoe-in again?
:confused::eek::confused:

They mastered the art of stealing elections almost 7 years ago, so it's a preconceived notion. The democrats might as well not run, because if you think they got it right in '00 and '04, think about how much time Karl Rove has had to get the Supreme Courts to...see things his way. Hopefully Rush Limbaugh runs, I think it would be great if he stole an election.:D

C7

• Members

Originally posted by lug

So you are saying the Repubs are a shoe-in again?
:confused::eek::confused:

Does it really matter? Whether a tastycrat or fingerlican is elected, I see this happening:

- I will pay too much in tax

- The economy is going to simultaneously shoot through the roof and be in the worst recession in years

- There will be war in the middle east

-india and china will continue to make up ground on us

- people will hate me for being american and born christian

-i'm gonna drink a lot of beer and worry about girls

• CMS Author

Originally posted by percyexpat

exactly. thus meaning that all their talk of using precision guided munitions and taking every care to only hit hezbollah positions, not civilian targets, is a total lie. i sympathise with their situation but theyre lying through their back teeth and all those in the world whose opinion counts (the bush administration and their supporters) are buying it.

what history is this exactly? how many successful examples of this policy of destruction can you find has been a success?...i cant think of many.

and i think the israeli army are being tremendously unsuccessful because theyve razed an entire country to the ground, strengthened support for their enemy a great deal in lebanon and throughout the arab world and the missiles are flying over as bad as ever, if not worse. hows that a success?

Has Lebanon shrunk? Because unless it has, Israel has NOT "razed an entire country".

Have you got any valid evidence supporting your assertion of Israel lieing through their back teeth? Evidence of them targeting civilians? Certainly you aren't resting your entire argument on someone else's offhand comment, are you?

• Members

They mastered the art of stealing elections almost 7 years ago, so it's a preconceived notion. The democrats might as well not run, because if you think they got it right in '00 and '04, think about how much time Karl Rove has had to get the Supreme Courts to...see things his way. Hopefully Rush Limbaugh runs, I think it would be great if he stole an election.
C7

Please read up on the first and section Bush elections. The Republicans did NOT steal the election.

You damn left wing crybabies need to move on with your lives and figure out what's wrong with your parties views and how to change it.

You're still living in the Clinton era, and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't be too proud of that era if I were you.

What do the Democrats have to be proud of? Not much.

Jimmy Carter? Nope. He did nothing while he was in office.

John Kennedy? Nope. His Bay of Pigs invasion was a complete disaster, and the Cuban missle crisis was a complete stroke of luck. If the Russians would have pushed the issue, he probably would have done nothing.

Now, the Republicans have their issues also. I won't get in to them here because it's a waste of time.

Both parties have their skeleton's in their closet and bitching about them isn't going to change one thing.

Face it people, it's all politics and there isn't one damn thing we can do to change it. We think we can because we can elect a new person, but in the end, they're all the same.

All that ever comes from political discussions are arguements. In truth, it's really not worth arguing over. It's a waste of time and energy.

Also, for the people who live in other countries that bitch about the US, take a step back and look at your own country. There's no country in the world that's perfect. You may not like some of the things we do here, but I'm sure the same can be said about your country also.

• Members

They mastered the art of stealing elections almost 7 years ago, so it's a preconceived notion. The democrats might as well not run, because if you think they got it right in '00 and '04, think about how much time Karl Rove has had to get the Supreme Courts to...see things his way. Hopefully Rush Limbaugh runs, I think it would be great if he stole an election.
C7

'Stealing' elections?

Last time I checked, the 2000 election was determined by a count of the electoral college, as presrcibed in the Constitution.

2004 was a clear-cut victory for Bush. Period. Final.

If anything, the Democrats have proven themselves remarkably adept at never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity. If they blow it in the 2006 mid-terms and in 2008, they may as well throw in the towel.

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

'Stealing' elections?

Last time I checked, the 2000 election was determined by a count of the electoral college, as presrcibed in the Constitution.

2004 was a clear-cut victory for Bush. Period. Final.

If anything, the Democrats have proven themselves remarkably adept at never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity. If they blow it in the 2006 mid-terms and in 2008, they may as well throw in the towel.

woooooosh!

Archived