Fat nurse relieves world of scum

Kaesh

• Members

Today's news has one from Harlem - a guy tried to mug a wheelchair bound 56 year old woman, and she pulled out her licensed .357 and shot him in the arm. She was on her way to the target practice range when he tried to steal the gold chain around her neck. She does not face charges.

• Members

This ought to teach them bastards!

How much truth is it to all these stories I hear of criminals suing their victims and winning in the US? Like the one with the burglar who got locked upp i the garage? Or the one who hurt himself falling through a window?

• Members

Originally posted by Flod

How much truth is it to all these stories I hear of criminals suing their victims and winning in the US? Like the one with the burglar who got locked upp i the garage? Or the one who hurt himself falling through a window?

I know, right? I'm moving to Oregon!

• Members

It can happen, civil cases over here get pretty outrageous, and juries have awarded crooks large sums for {censored} like this. Some lawyer comes in and claims the guy was somehow a victim, and convinces a jury of it.

There was a guy here in Denver that blasted an armed burglar in the chest with a shotgun as the guy was trying to come in through a window-mounted AC unit duct. They played the 911 tape on the news and it went like:

Guy (calmly)-"yes, I just shot an intruder, I need some assistance"

911-"OK, is he still breathing"

Guy (calmly) "Uhh..." (moaning in background)

911-"Do you feel comfortable attempting to resucitate him?"

Guy (calmly) "No ma'am"

911-"OK, you can just walk away then"

Guy-"Thank you"

In some states, you're better off killing them, but you'd better not shoot them outside your house, and if you do, you'd better hope they fall into your house.:D

C7

• Members

How much truth is it to all these stories I hear of criminals suing their victims and winning in the US?

Very true, unfortunately. That's why if you shoot an intruder in your house it's a good idea to shoot him again. Once to stop him and the second time to stop the lawsuit.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Very true, unfortunately. That's why if you shoot an intruder in your house it's a good idea to shoot him again. Once to stop him and the second time to stop the lawsuit.

Bad idea. You're much better off just being a good shot in the first place. Why? Because if he is no longer a threat to you, yet you shoot him again and kill him, you can (and probably will) now be brought up on manslaughter and/or murder charges.

• Members

Originally posted by ec437

Bad idea. You're much better off just being a good shot in the first place. Why? Because if he is no longer a threat to you, yet you shoot him again and kill him, you can (and probably will) now be brought up on manslaughter and/or murder charges.

I shot him once your Honor and the {censored}er just kept coming. I had to shoot him 8 more times before he'd stop.

It's your word against a deadman's.

• Members

I shot him once your Honor and the {censored}er just kept coming. I had to shoot him 8 more times before he'd stop.

If you're going to shoot more than once, make it quick, don't delay and think about it. "I panicked and fired several shots in a row without thinking." Less to worry about if you use a 12 gauge loaded with double-aught.

• Members

Originally posted by syciprider

Use a side by side shotgun and double him.
:evil:
You shot him twice for good measure but both at the same time:thu:

*I'm not serious

Man, she's still straining, no luck yet? Probably trying to get off two loads at once, side by side! :p

• Members

Actually no, it's your word against the coroner's, the investigator's, and the prosecutor's. If the first shot can be determined to be dehabilitating but not fatal, and the second shot is fatal, you'd better hope that you have a sympathetic judge and/or jury. Like I said, its better to be a good shot the first time.

• Members

Originally posted by ec437

Actually no, it's your word against the coroner's, the investigator's, and the prosecutor's. If the first shot can be determined to be dehabilitating but not fatal, and the second shot is fatal, you'd better hope that you have a sympathetic judge and/or jury. Like I said, its better to be a good shot the first time.

A "Coup de Gras" shot is one thing, you don't want to "finish them off" unless they are still a threat. But firing multiple times in self-defense is not uncalled for; take a look at how many lone gunmen get pumped full of lead by multiple cops for pointing a gun at just one of them.

And to address Thumper's point about knowing what's behind the target, this is a good point, and the reason why a .380 is a much safer home defense gun than, say, a Desert Eagle or .44 Mag. :D

C7

Archived