concerned with gear weight ?

poorboy

• Members

Why are folks so concerned with the weight of gear OVER what it sounds like.

The guys at the other forum must all have bad backs.

It seems that they all would rather have a 20lb Eden and a 5lb

1 -12 Neo whatever than something that can rattle walls.

I really don't understand it.

You'd think all they did at a gig was haul equipment up 6 flights of stairs by themselves

Unbelieveable.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by poorboy

Why are folks so concerned with the weight of gear OVER what it sounds like.

The guys at the other forum must all have bad backs.

It seems that they all would rather have a 20lb Eden and a 5lb

1 -12 Neo whatever than something that can rattle walls.

I really don't understand it.

You'd think all they did at a gig was haul equipment up 6 flights of stairs by themselves

Unbelieveable.

give it a few years :D

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Years have got nothing to do with it. It's the high sissification factor over on that "other" board. I'm a old fart and I'm hauling around a 2x10, a 2x15 a CA9 and I like it!

:thu: if your happy doing it then that's good. I've had trouble with my back before (along with various other body parts) and I don't want to aggravate them.

which board are you referring to?

• Members

Originally posted by phatbassdood

+1

I think the weight of someones gear is inversely proportional to the size of their penis, (if your a bloke)

I currently don't have an amp
:D
:D

Why is it that ppl who have gear/SUV/gun envy always say this? You have a cock fixation huh?

• Members

Sound is definitely the most important, but I'm not 20 anymore, and hauling a 125lb cabinet, even a couple times a week puts quite a bad strain on my back. Yes, I'm old and have a herniated L4/L5 disc in my back. As quick as load in and load out goes, that few minutes can lay me up the next day for the whole day.

I am considering a smaller cab as much as I love my 8x8. I hope I don't lose much of my fave tone, but health is definitly a consideration as you get older.

My .02.

• Members

Originally posted by no-logic

I'm 54 , have a bad back and have had enough of big, bulky and heavy gear. What I use now is compact, lightweight and sounds just as good IMO. But to each their own. Some guys don't mind carting lots of heavy gear. Not me!

{censored}, I'm only 27, I'm relatively strong, and I'm all about less gear weight. Granted, I don't have a lightweight rig, but I'll take the very least amount of gear I need to take to get the job done. I built the Ghettotron for that reason.:D

If I can carry everything I need in one trip, I can get to the beer and loose women much faster.:D

With the PA's they have in the clubs these days, if I don't have to have a full stack on stage, {censored} it, I'm not going to. In fact, I'm thinking about selling my 2x10 because I'm not certain I need it.:thu:

C7

• Members

Originally posted by phatbassdood

:thu:
if your happy doing it then that's good. I've had trouble with my back before (along with various other body parts) and I don't want to aggravate them.

which board are you referring to?

I'm refering to that other board, you know the one, the one with those sissy {censored}ers on it trying to find lighter and lighter gear all the time.

But I jest. If I was gigging all the time and moving my {censored} around all the time I'd be looking for smaller and lighter gear too. It's just a hobby for me though and moving a ton of stuff every now and then isn't a big deal.

• Members

Originally posted by poorboy

When did it change?

Why do you care?

A pair of 810's sounds the same as a 210 combo through a PA. The crowd could care less what you use on stage.

I'm young and have lots of help to move stuff around but I'd still rather not have to lug giant heavy-ass boxes when I don't need to.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Why haul heavy gear if you don't have to?

:confused:

+1. I'm willing to tote a 45 lb tube head and two 50 lb cabs because they give me the sound I want. I'd love to go with an Acoustic Image Clarus or such like, but I like the tone I get from The Pig.

Plus, it looks cool. :thu:

(chucks some '70s arena rock on the CD player...)

Archived