You've been dissed by Bass NW!

Thunderbroom

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously guys?? I think you are all overreacting a bit. Evan is a great guy, he didn't say "everyone who uses forums are pathetic losers". he said, he thinks that if people put more energy into playing than into fracking around online they might learn more. and the spirituality bit? common now, which makes you feel healthier, physically and mentally? an hour online, or an hour playing music???

Don't take everything so personally.

bass northwest is one of the FEW stores i've ever been to where they actually give a {censored} about you, and your needs. go find that at guitar center, good luck.

• Members

Seriously guys?? I think you are all overreacting a bit. Evan is a great guy, he didn't say "everyone who uses forums are pathetic losers". he said, he thinks that if people put more energy into playing than into fracking around online they might learn more. and the spirituality bit? common now, which makes you feel healthier, physically and mentally? an hour online, or an hour playing music???

bass northwest is one of the FEW stores i've ever been to where they actually give a {censored} about you, and your needs. go find that at guitar center, good luck.

*hack cough SHILL hack cough*

• Members

I never knew BassNW was run by cocksuckers until you resurrected this thread. Thanks!!! :thu:

• Members
Yeah well that's a lie cuz I've been spending a lot less time at the forum and I still suck on bass!!

I spent over a year away from the forum and didn't play bass at all! :facepalm:

Actually, wasn't until I started playing bass again that I came back.

• Members

This is like the manager of a Ford dealership walking out on the floor, and yelling to the customers "You're all a bunch of idiots."

While it's probably true, I mean they're buying Fords, it's not a smart business decision.
:D
C7

2006, true. 2010, this is the only US automaker doing alright. :D

• Members

I wasn't going to comment, until I read this. Bass Northwest has been one of the few stores where I've felt more that they were trying to sell me something and then get me off the phone over any other bass-specialized store.
:cop::cop:

• Members

He also ponders the recent trend of online forums with a shake of the head, saying, "They become an unhealthy obsession. If players would pick up the bass instead of the mouse, they would not only become better players, but they'd feel better spiritually."

I don't really get what one thing has to do with the other.

I mean, if people picked up a bass instead of doing ANYTHING they'd undoubtedly spend more time playing and becoming a better player. :rolleyes:

Whether I'm on an internet forum, watching tv, or eating a sandwich, it's ALL time spent NOT playing bass.

I definitely don't think that spending time on this forum is "counterproductive" to my bass playing, as when I put this computer down, I'm not going to immediately go and pick up a bass. I.E., this forum is NOT keeping me from bass playing.

I AM however learning a lot about gear, equipment, bands, music, etc... as well as a lot of other non-bass/music related issues that are of interest to me.

SO yeah... I don't get why that comment was made at all, or why he probably thought he was being insightful by saying it.

Archived