recommend some punk

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Begin by destroying anything even remotely connected to Green Day and Blink 182. Kill it all, smash it, crush it, burn it, annhilate it. This is a fine cleansing & purifying ritual that will make the rest come easier.

Then go straight to the best - BAD BRAINS & MINOR THREAT. Listen to it, feel it, absorb it, live it. Don't hold back anything. Let it inside. You will find that this will give you everything you need. But there's more....

You are now ready to "get it". Proceed to:
Husker Du, Descendents, Adolescents, NoMeansNo, Dead Kennedys, the Minutemen, Black Flag, D.O.A., X, CroMags, Pajama Slave Dancers, Toy Dolls, Ramones, Dead Boys, the Damned, Suicidal Tendencies, Circle Jerks, the Germs, Misfits, Rhythm Pigs, Anti-Flag, Fear, Rise Against, Subhumans, Agnostic Front, Slapshot, Articles of Faith, Crime, Buzzcocks, Dead Silence, Stiff Little Fingers, Woody Guthrie, New Bomb Turks, Pegboy, Distillers, Pennywise, Bouncing Souls, Alkaline Trio, the Queers, Avail, the Reducers, 7 Seconds, DRI, Chaos UK, J.F.A., Zero Boys, UK Subs, Instigators, Toxic Reasons, Nayked Raygun, Govt. Issue, Richard Hell, Upright Citizens, Victim's Families.........

Watch the movie "Hard Core Logo" (it's f*cking great).

For extra credit, go on to the punk-related stuff (here's where things get REALLY interesting):
Mission of Burma, Fugazi, fIREHOSE, Pere Ubu, Uzi, Sonic Youth, Butthole Surfers, Dinosaur Jr., the Jam, the Cramps, Shonen Knife, Gang of Four, the Blasters, the Soft Boys, the Birthday Party, MC5, Television, the Velvet Underground, Radio Birdman......play around the ska-core scene, indulge in some psychobilly, listen to some early hiphop, etc.

Now - and this is vitally important - please pay your respects to Iggy Pop and Patti Smith. Feel free to engage in some sort of bloodletting ritual if you feel the urge.

Still with us?.....good.
You now have a decent base to work from. But don't stop now - you are just getting started.......

this is gonna be fun.

• Members

Blink 182 is not punk. And mxpx were a bunch of dorks that went to high school with my sister.

You guys did pretty good; here's a few I didn't see listed:

FEAR
the Freeze
Black Flag
Agent Orange
MDC
DOA
GBH
JFA
Subhumans
Big Black
Fang
Fitz of Depression
Zeke
Minutemen
Adrenalin O.D.
Blasters
Circle Jerks
Damned
Dr. Know
Exploited
Germs
SNFU
Vandals
Youth Brigade
Cramps
Plasmatics
Mentors
Agression
Ill Repute

Oh hell, I'm gettin' old...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

If you don't have their discography, you're a terrorist.

Yo.

its only like 20 songs.

its not exactly like owning a motorhead discography or somthing (couldnt think of a better example)

aussie oi/hardcore "bulldog spirit"

i built these guys a website but it hasnt been launched yet

german Oi! "schusterjungs"

ive gotten really into these guys lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBq-J6Oxdk&feature=related

i dont speak german but i know its non/anti racist

Archived