Is Mesa over-priced everywhere?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Mesa is a relatively small company and protects local dealers. It is forbidden to sell them online and they even try to regulate what stores sell them for.

The idea is... they want all dealers selling them for the same price so there is no reason for a customer to buy anywhere other then at the local dealer.

One of the single largest music stores in the country lost their Mesa dealership a few years ago because they tried to sell online and cut prices in the store.

Prices outside of the US are high. You'd do much better to find a US dealer and contact them directly. If they are willing to ship, you'll save a lot of money.

• Members

Mesa is a relatively small company and protects local dealers. It is forbidden to sell them online and they even try to regulate what stores sell them for.

The idea is... they want all dealers selling them for the same price so there is no reason for a customer to buy anywhere other then at the local dealer.

Most companies do this. Fender says they have a "lowest price" so mom and pop stores can compete.

As for Mesa, I got a my Big Block 750 for a steal, used though. New, it's a bitch.

Yo.

• Members

I think mesa's policy is not right. I got my Aguilar DB-750 for 2000 euros, a price more or less the same as in the US.

The same goes for a lot of other products lately, basses amps etc.

But mesa is simply not doing that. European prices are much higher. That's why I'd never buy something from them.

• Members

Yes, Mesa costs $$$.

Everywhere.

But, you never hear things like...

"Damn Mesa"

"All I got is this Mesa"

"Need to upgrade"

... think about it. They may be pricey. But evidently there are tons of people thinking they're worth it if you can afford them.

+1

• Members

Mesa sets their prices so that everyone sells their stuff for EXACTLY the same price. Dealers have been dropped for price gouging, and for discounting. Customers do not have to price compare because every dealer SHOULD have the same price.

Like Hotblack said, that's not a great thing for you, but think about when the last time you heard someone complain about Mesa quality?

• Members

Like Hotblack said, that's not a great thing for you, but think about when the last time you heard someone complain about Mesa quality?

I've heard it more than a few times. Usually regarding their choice of tubes to put in and that they've tried to say that you can't use any other tubes besides Their Brand. Honestly, that's usually about it and most people just blow off that warning and use better tubes anyway.

Their stuff is pretty good from my experience.

• Members

Yes, Mesa costs $$$.

Everywhere.

But, you never hear things like...

"Damn Mesa"

"All I got is this Mesa"

"Need to upgrade"

... think about it. They may be pricey. But evidently there are tons of people thinking they're worth it if you can afford them.

Or "I called them and they still haven't gotten back to me."

Those folks up in Petaluma know how to treat their customers.:thu:

Archived