Nintendo Wii

Thunderbroom

• Members

No, but you can get them cheap at the store. Remember that it's not a HD device, so you don't have to worry about buying something ultra-expensive.

Hey wait...aren't you the guy that sent me the link whereby I got three 6' HDMI cables for ~$20 shipped?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I haven't even opened up the box yet.

:(

When you do get to playin', try picking up Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Probably the best game released so far. I bought the wii, and my roommate is on a month long vacation. All he does is play it Zelda...

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't buy it.

• Members

Hey wait...aren't you the guy that sent me the link whereby I got three 6' HDMI cables for ~$20 shipped?

Yep! But I don't think you'll find 'em that cheap anymore. So many people get a PS3 or Xbox360 and just have to spend $150 on HD cables.

Either way, here's my test: hook up the Wii with the provided cables. If it looks good to you, you save yourself ten bucks. If it doesn't, go get the component cables.

• Members

I've got the same television that you do and it works fine without component cables. I think there was a setting to tell it you are using a widescreen TV somewhere in the setup, so just remember to tell it "yes."

Have fun!

• Members
I've got the same television that you do and it works fine without component cables. I think there was a setting to tell it you are using a widescreen TV somewhere in the setup, so just remember to tell it "yes."

Have fun!

I picked up the cable on the way home. I hooked it up and played with my kids for a while. I don't know if the cable will make any difference, but I'm not going to hook the other up to see.

I'm digging it!
:thu:

• Members
What games do you have so far?

Just the Sports game that comes with it and Sonic the Hedgehog which was a required purchase in order to get the unit as a package deal.

I'm not much for playing the 3D-type games as I get really dizzy.

I'm looking forward to d/l Mario!
:thu:

• Members

Hey, anyone still looking for Wii component cables:

http://www.summitimage.com/c-66-nintendo-wii-accessories.aspx

Apply coupon code WII60OFF for 60% off your order. The component cables come out to like $8 bucks shipped. Also the cheapest place I've seen controller skins. I can't vouch for the quality because I'm just putting in my order now, but for $3 for a controller and nunchuk skin, the price is right! Probably gonna grab the component cables too just to have 'em.

• Members

WiiSports is a great simple game. I'm loking forward more like these.

Rayman's Raving Rabbids is fun too and great for the kids (although we all know us "adults" love silly games.

My brother has Call Of Duty 3 and Zelda... I still haven't tried them but he's completely hung on them.

• Members

WiiSports is a great simple game. I'm loking forward more like these.

Rayman's Raving Rabbids is fun too and great for the kids (although we all know us "adults" love silly games.

My brother has Call Of Duty 3 and Zelda... I still haven't tried them but he's completely hung on them.

Zelda is addicting as anything, and Rayman is really fun. Play through the single-player game all the way and you'll unlock all the levels for multiplayer. Each person will have to have their own Wiimote though, so it gets expensive with four players!

Warioware only starts with single-player enabled, but when you beat it you unlock multiplayer... and it supports up to 16 players with a single Wiimote... good idea.

• Members
I'm not much for playing the 3D-type games as I get really dizzy.

Is this your way of bragging about your huge TV to us again? :mad:

I'm waiting until the Wii is more readily available and I may just buy one. I'm excited for Guitar Hero on Wii - I'm hoping they do some extra cool stuff with the controller capabilities. :thu:

Dustin

• Members

Oh and thunder, I haven't read all of this thread, but if you're having a hard time finding wiimotes (like I did), ebay (of course).

A lot of people are buying the wii play package and selling the remotes, I bought both of my extra ones for $30 shipped... They are $40+tax retail. *And* I didn't have to go hunting every day. Not too bad :)

• Members
FWIW, the wii is backwards compatable, and has four slots for gamecube controllers and a GC memory card. It's essentially two systems in one
:cool:

I had a gamecube, but I sold it in anticipation of the wii. I kept the games, tho.

Which is why I got the gamecube itself so cheap, the guy got a Wii. I got the games off someone who's nabbing a PS3.

• Members

Gamecube is definitely fun, too. If you don't have them already, get the new Zelda (the same as the one for the Wii... really good game regardless of the platform you play it on)... Metroid Prime (play the first before the second)... Warioware... Mario Party (5, 6, or 7, they're all good)... Pikmin is a good fun little game too... of course Mariokart. All these games should pretty much be dirt cheap by now. Super Monkey Ball 2 is also a blast with friends, especially MoneyFight.

Archived