Nintendo Wii

Thunderbroom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} this, I got better things to do.

I guess this means you "win" another important argument over the internet.

No no, "you got me there"...I've already declared you the winner, "you got me" = "you're right"...

And "better things" indeed...Spend 15 minutes here and you might be missing the birth of another meme over at 4chan...It could involve a cat and a current pop culture reference! Vamos! Via con Dios!

• Members
really try and find a Thunderfunk, I think it might be what you're looking for.

I don't know. It weighs the same as the GK and appears to cost more than three times what I paid for the GK. My goal is a light, loud and powerful amp. If I'm going to stay with a 16 lb. amp, my GK works just fine.
:)

My goal is to get under 10 lbs.

The Markbass and the Neopak are up there. If I was made of money, a Walter Woods would be in consideration. I'd like to try a Acoustic Image as well but have no idea where to find one locally.

• Members

480W @ 4 ohm

320W @ 8 ohm

I'm really looking for something that is stable at 2 ohms as well since I'm leaning towards a 112/212 Neo setup. If I do go GB, the 112 is 8 ohms and the 212 is 4 ohms.

I can't think of anything that does 2 ohms in that price/weight/power range.

• Members

I can't think of anything that does 2 ohms in that price/weight/power range.

For comparison:

GK 700RBII

$600 new at MF

480W @ 4 ohm

320W @ 8 ohm

16.5 lbs.

Little Mark II

$600 new at GC

500W @ 4 ohm

300W @ 8 ohm

6.5 lbs.

versus

Neopak

$720 new at MF

500W @ 2 ohms

350W @ 4 ohms

225W @ 8 ohms

8.5 lbs.

Acoustic Image Clarus I Series III

$700 from Bob Gollihur

500W @ 2 ohms

400W @ 4 ohms

250W @ 8 ohms

5 lbs.

• Members
No, but you can get them cheap at the store. Remember that it's not a HD device, so you don't have to worry about buying something ultra-expensive.

So...should I just stick with the standard cable that comes with it or should I get a component cable? I'll be hooking it up to a 60" 1080p widescreen rear projection TV. If you think the cable will make a difference, then I'll pick a cable up on the way home today.
:)

• Members

I have a 27" CRT, so don't ask me. I know the component cables are supposed to help, and I imagine on a TV that size that it'd make a difference. My dad has a 72" DLP widescreen and we use the regular cables on it, and I can't say I've ever taken issue with the way the picture looked.

Make sure you go into the settings and set it to widescreen, though.

Archived