Rage bass sound...

been_effected

• Members

anyone know what rig/setup Chris Comerford is using at the beginning of Tire Me? that bass sounds sweeeeet...nice and growly

That'd be Tim Commerford and he's probably using his usual Ampeg SVT-II Pro/Ampeg 8x10 setup with a 70's Fender Jazz. As far as the overdrive goes, he builds his own pedals (but sometimes used a Marshall Guvnor pedal) and winds his own pickups so YMMV.

• Members

I also read in one of his interviews that he played that custom wound jazz he had through three individual half stack setups, with ampeg amps and 4x10s. The first was clean, second somewhat dirty, and the last heavy on overdrive. He always plays through the clean one, then as he wants a grungier tone, he just adds one or both of the dirty amps. Also, that he used two bass wah pedals that were connected together with a piece of wood to get a really wide range and more wah sound.. and he can keep a groove like nobody's business.

• Members

That'd be Tim Commerford and he's probably using his usual Ampeg SVT-II Pro/Ampeg 8x10 setup with a 70's Fender Jazz. As far as the overdrive goes, he builds his own pedals (but sometimes used a Marshall Guvnor pedal) and winds his own pickups so YMMV.

my bad, im drunk dude, im pretty sure you still accept that as a good excuse :bor:

even in my state though, that intro sounds less overdrive and more just...raw, midsy bass tone, if that makes any sense whatsoever

I would kill to get a tone like that, but im not playin a fender :p haha

• Members

So you are saying you would rather take a life than support the Fender Instrument company? wow.
:cry:

yes, yes i would

I figure like all good worship of false idols, the Fender Instrument company has taken enough lives already...someone's gotta start somewhere else

Archived