playlist for daughter going to college soon

TCEDDIA

• Members

My daughter will be going to college (California) in a few months and I'd like to make a cool cd for her of relavent songs. By the way, she's learned to recognize good basslines and bassists because of my influence. Some of the songs I've considered are:

She's Leaving Home-Beatles

Going to California-LZ

a few Beach Boys tunes

My Old School-Steely Dan

Any other suggestions? Please keep it clean, she's my 18 yr old daughter for God's sake!

Thanks

• Members

My daughter will be going to college (California) in a few months and I'd like to make a cool cd for her of relavent songs. By the way, she's learned to recognize good basslines and bassists because of my influence. Some of the songs I've considered are:

Going to California-LZ

a few Beach Boys tunes

My Old School-Steely Dan

Any other suggestions? Please keep it clean, she's my 18 yr old daughter for God's sake!

Thanks

The Beach Boys would depend on what College she will be going to. Not all of California is on the beach nor is all of it sunny all the time... So which college is it?

• Members

Anything White Stripes, Superstitious - Stevie Wonder, Chameleon (forget by who), Orion - Metallica, Peaches and Cream/Novacane - Beck, Sunshine of Your Love - Cream, When the Levee Breaks/Stairway to Heaven/No Quarter/Blackdog - Led Zeppelin, Lowrider - War.

There that's a hefty selection of great basslines in great songs by great artists. And it is a wide variety ranging from Classic Rock to Metal to Funk to Rock to Hiphop-rock.

• Members

Going to California-LZ

a few Beach Boys tunes

My Old School-Steely Dan

Thanks

California dreaming---Mamas and the Papas

californication---red hot chili peppers

• 1 year later...
  • Members

You should be very worried Tom....your daughter is gorgeous!!! You still playing the Bass? I haven't heard from you in a while, we need to jam sometime!!!! Mark

Archived