Poll: P or J?

Goofball Jones

• Members
My MIJ mid-80's Fender P/J special just got delivered today! I can't wait to get home from work. I'll be test driving it at rehearsal tonight!!!

Oh, yeah, and it's upgraded with EMG's.

That's not an upgrade.
:D

• Members
That's not an upgrade.

You may or may not be kidding, but you are right. I have a early-to-mid 80's Fender Japan P-J that has the best passive P/U's of any bass I have, or have played. They are outstanding!

Something you might want to check on before you buy a P-J, G-Ball---the Fender Japan is the only P-J bass I have that will actually sound like a real P-bass. My other two won't get a true P-bass low-down thump (must be the Bart's, although they are vintage and passive). The Bart equipped P-J's sound more like a pissed off punchy J-bass on 'roids...

Billy-B

• Members
It sounded pretty damn good to me at rehearsal last night...

1_IMG_5073.jpg

I was just funnin'... If you like the sound, that's all that matters.

All three of my basses have EMG's (from the factory), but I'm giving some thought to spending the bucks on a set of Bartolinis for one of them... :confused:

• Members
I was just funnin'... If you like the sound, that's all that matters.

All three of my basses have EMG's (from the factory), but I'm giving some thought to spending the bucks on a set of Bartolinis for one of them...
:confused:

My other bass (BTB) has the Bart's on it. :cool:

IMG_0029.jpg

• Members
You seriously have a 'bass pose', man. It's like someone photoshopped you from the first pic, changing the bass and putting on a hat.

Damn, you're right, I never noticed that! I guess I'm gonna have to do some work on my stage 'tude. :cool:

• Members

Go 4 humbuckers baby they give more head w/o buzz:D

I've got humbuckers on two of my basses and P/J on the other... I'd like to know what the sonic difference is between the EMG's and the Bart's...

Archived