just ordered this p/j from Rondo

whit townsend

• Members

http://www.rondomusic.net/spj62vwh.html

Hoping it will be ok.

Been without a slab for over a year, just my upright.

Planning on using it for occasional jamming country & rock, occasional Bluegrass gig where dont wanna haul the upright, and praise music in church from time to time.

Decided to go w/ Rondo based on all the comments here, instead of a Squire or similar other lost cost brand.

If it will stay in tune and intonate correctly, should be about all I need.

Will play it thru my old Workingman 12 w/Carvin 1-15 ext. cab.

Anybody else got this model?

• Members

Hoping won't need to mod at all given my intended casual use.

I play a lot of diff instr. Most of my paying gigs are on upright, bluegrass mainly.

At home I play mostly elec guitar and banjo, some dobro and lap.

Solo, or at church, to accompany my voice, its usually the D28.

But every now and then I get a call to play slab. Have owned several over the years, some pretty nice ones and a few cheapos, but they always seem to get traded away cause of gas for a dobro, banjo, or elec guitard.

Went ahead and got the HS case for stackable storage purposes.

• Members

See my Avatar. I have it's sunburst brother.

I thought it sounded fine stock, and better once I replaced the bridge and pots. It is a great bass, especially for $120.

nice. I really wanted a brown sunburst, but they were out and dont expect to restock any SX basses till fall. I can live with the creme.

• Members

Hoping won't need to mod at all given my intended casual use.

I play a lot of diff instr. Most of my paying gigs are on upright, bluegrass mainly.

At home I play mostly elec guitar and banjo, some dobro and lap.

Solo, or at church, to accompany my voice, its usually the D28.

But every now and then I get a call to play slab. Have owned several over the years, some pretty nice ones and a few cheapos, but they always seem to get traded away cause of gas for a dobro, banjo, or elec guitard.

Went ahead and got the HS case for stackable storage purposes.

I've only had mine a couple of months and still stock so far. I'll eventually change the pots (the volume pot for the precision pups isn't near as linear as it should be. A bit of scratchiness near full-on, I leave it wide open anyway), and swap the bridge for the Gotoh 201 that I've heard so much about.

Out of the box, I had to tweak the truss rod to lessen the relief just a pinch, tighten a few screws (none were "loose" loose, just could stand some snugging), and set the intonation. All to be expected in any new bass imo.

I love mine and it's already gotten me a gig. I passed an audition last week with it so now the real work starts. :D

HPIM0919_edited.jpg

HPIM0890.jpg

Have fun!

• Members

I like that bass.
:cool:
I really like my P-bass and was thinking of adding the same one you bought to my arsenal, but I really don't need another bass right now.

Oh come on, you know that need has nothing to do with bass buying!

:D

Archived