(x-post) Cindy Sheehan retires...

allan grossman

• Members

I see all these posts saying "that's the military and they signed up for it." OK. so what are you saying, if you dont want to get caught up in pointless wars then don't join up? Nobody wants to fight in a pointless war. The point is that we should hold our leaders accountable for decisions they make that could potentially have negative effects on our military and our country as a whole. All Cindy Sheehan was trying to do is get the troops home from Iraq. A one woman stand with the President of the United States. She camped across from his house for God's sake. Whether you agree with her or not, she knows that it was his job to fight and die if need be. What she tried to do, and has now given up on, was find politicians that had the lives of the soldiers as the top priority on their list. That's a noble mission if you ask me. She was actually very successful in bringing the issue to light, but in the end, sees no light at the end of that tunnel.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see all these posts saying "that's the military and they signed up for it." OK. so what are you saying, if you dont want to get caught up in pointless wars then don't join up?

That's a pretty accurate assessment, yes.

My grandfather told me that his dad was angry at his sons for joining the Army Air Corps in 1942 because the war wasn't worth fighting, that they should just let the Germans and Japanese take some land and they would stop.:freak:

C7

• Members

This place ain't for you.
:wave:

Sure it is - I play bass. This is the Bass Forum, yes?

And isn't there another forum specifically for politics?

So then, either the OP is lost, or just plain retarded.

:freak: :freak: :freak:

:freak:

:freak: :freak: :freak:

• Members

Learn the system. It is what we have and it is better than anyone else's.

Wrong :rolleyes:

She nailed it on the head.

Quite simply:

No respect for the constitution.

+

No respect for human rights.

+

No respect for personal freedoms.

+

Corporate interests supersede individual interests.

+

Government Sponsored Corporate welfare in the form of tax breaks, government handouts and military/police actions at home and abroad on behalf of American corporate interests.

+

Patent system that favors corporations over individuals.

+

Copyright system that favors corporations over individuals.

+

100 years of Western Hemisphere American colonialism which had expanded into the Eastern Hemisphere for the last 60 years.

+

Personal taxation without representation.

=

Fascism.

Learn the system as it is implemented. Not how it was taught to you in school.

• Members

Sorry, but you have a huge amount of learning to do before you can judge what I know and where I learned it.

Our system is simple and beautiful in its form. It assumes every person is going to look out for himself. First you put 100 selfish men in one room (senate), 400+ men in another room (house), 1 man in the next room (president), and some more (9 or so) in yet another room. Now you let them be the dirty, rotten, selfish people they were born to be. The end result is the richest, most powerful country every created.

Is it perfect? Far from it. Actually it sucks. Just not as bad as anyone else who has tried.

• Members

That's a pretty accurate assessment, yes.

My grandfather told me that his dad was angry at his sons for joining the Army Air Corps in 1942 because the war wasn't worth fighting, that they should just let the Germans and Japanese take some land and they would stop.
C7

Ok, so now you have to deal with the fact that no one wants to join the military because they don't want to be led by imcompetent leaders. That's why our military gets weaker by the day. That's why the guys that are there have been re-deployed over and over. Weak leaders=weak military. When it's not your life they are playing war with, it's ok. When it becomes your child's life it's not so easy to deal with. So if freedom called, would you be willing to let Bush throw you into Iraq?

• Members

Looks like you're new here. You'll be quite busy building that ignore list. Try talkbass if you don't want to see any poli threads. Or PM a mod. Just don't come in and call anyone retarded and act like your ignore list is something we care about.:wave:

• Members

Wrong
:rolleyes:

She nailed it on the head.

Quite simply:

No respect for the constitution.

+

No respect for human rights.

+

No respect for personal freedoms.

+

Corporate interests supersede individual interests.

+

Government Sponsored Corporate welfare in the form of tax breaks, government handouts and military/police actions at home and abroad on behalf of American corporate interests.

+

Patent system that favors corporations over individuals.

+

Copyright system that favors corporations over individuals.

+

100 years of Western Hemisphere American colonialism which had expanded into the Eastern Hemisphere for the last 60 years.

+

Personal taxation without representation.

=

Fascism.

Must agree.

Principle + law /= how things are anymore

Today's legal system is run by out of control judges with no one to reign them in.

• Members

Cindy Sheehan retires...

Oh well. Bye bye. Used up and dumped to the side. She was a pawn that had her moment.

in Monday's 1,200-word letter, titled, "Good Riddance Attention Whore," Sheehan announced....

kinda wierd, huh?

• Members

Ok, so now you have to deal with the fact that no one wants to join the military because they don't want to be led by imcompetent leaders. That's why our military gets weaker by the day. That's why the guys that are there have been re-deployed over and over. Weak leaders=weak military. When it's not your life they are playing war with, it's ok. When it becomes your child's life it's not so easy to deal with. So if freedom called, would you be willing to let Bush throw you into Iraq?

I tried to join the military 10 years ago. They didn't like my feet.:freak:

I placed no consideration on the quality of politicians in office at the time, but if I had looked and saw that there were so many of them trying to underfund me and make my mission next to impossible through political posturing and in-fighting, I may have thought twice, yes.:)

C7

• Members

If she really thinks her son died for nothing, then I really do feel sorry for her. But, only because she has blinded herself to the world because of a tragedy. Her son, and every other son and daughter over there has not died for nothing, not even by a long shot. I have an issue with surviving family members taking on such an empowered stance, as if they have suddenly been given the voice of absolute truth and reason. If anyone doesn't listen then they are some kind of evil, uncaring bastards incapable uf understanding. The rightous victim mentality doesn't fly with me at all. Her view is one of many, and her idea's are no more relevent than anyone else's, including mine. Her son was killed, and that is a tragedy. That however, doesn't change the world situation and ranting about the evil Bush 'regime' sure as heck isn't going to change a thing either. She needs, and maybe has realised, that she needs to get off the hate and back to her life in the wake of a family tragedy.

Excellent post, well said!!!:thu:

• Members

I tried to join the military 10 years ago. They didn't like my feet.

I placed no consideration on the quality of politicians in office at the time, but if I had looked and saw that there were so many of them trying to underfund me and make my mission next to impossible through political posturing and in-fighting, I may have thought twice, yes.
:)
C7

I dont think it was the political in-fighting that made that mission impossible...:D

• Members

It's sad that total strangers value her son's choice and sacrifice infinitely more than she does and I'm glad her son will never know it.

Sorry, but those total strangers do not give a {censored} about her sacrifice. If they did they would at least empathize with her. She lost her child in what she believes was an unjust war. To act like she's a piece of {censored} for trying to keep other military families from having the same thing happen is complete crap. she is to be applauded IMO. She values her son's sacrifice, but wishes it wasnt for nothing...

Archived