How old were you when you graduated from college?

More Cowbell

• Members

CC=20

Now, I am going to be a senior this Fall at Washington State University, however, I won't graduate until Fall of 2008 because when you transfer you lose a semester and I couldn't take all of the pre-reqs for my major in the first semester. I will be 22 in December of 2008.

I am debating about going to graduate school

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Community College: 20

BS: 22

Worked 1 year

MS: 27

Worked 3 years

Now I'm in a PhD program and should be done next year (hopefully!) at 35.

I had to set aside the bass a few years when school took a lot of time. Now is one of those years, unfortunately.

Good job it is tough to go back!

• Members

College dropout here. Hit the real world at 22.

My father in law was a dropout also, but he is one of the smartest people I know. The guy has incredible street knowledge and great critical thinking skills. He also seems to have the ability to build or fix anything even without much of anything to work with around.

• Members

I will be 24 when i graduate in December. I'll have a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies, with concentrations in Audio Technology and Science and Technology Studies. I'd like to go into TV and movie sound (ADR, Foley, Scoring, etc).

Sure its taken me 5 1/2 years, but I had to get in one more year of Hokies Football! ;)

• Members

CC=20

Now, I am going to be a senior this Fall at Washington State University, however, I won't graduate until Fall of 2008 because when you transfer you lose a semester and I couldn't take all of the pre-reqs for my major in the first semester. I will be 22 in December of 2008.

I am debating about going to graduate school

Go Cougs! I finished there when I was 23. total of five years of college, and I've taken a few classes since then.

• Members

HighSchool: 17

Dot-Com Employment: 18-28

A.S.: 31

Currently :32 working retail FT about to enter a BS program

Graduation I'll be 34 with either a Business Admin. in I.T. or BSCS.

I talk to an adviser in two weeks to plan my curriculum. I have 98 credits, so I need 82 more. We'll see.

It's never too late. My mom got her BSN (nursing) when she was 43.

• Members

I quit two weeks before graduation to get a job in Montana. The rest of my life employers have seen that as a positive. I got a job with the State of Ohio Dept. of Agricuture and there were over a 1000 applicants. Many had college degrees. The guy that hired me said I was taking my own future in my own hands and he liked that. Since then I had no trouble getting good jobs including my present one. Funny thing is I work in the field I was studying for while the rest of the people in my major had very few prospects because they college didn't have job placement for Environmental Studies. I now work in wastewater treatment for good $ and 6 weeks vacation.

• Members
My father in law was a dropout also, but he is one of the smartest people I know. The guy has incredible street knowledge and great critical thinking skills. He also seems to have the ability to build or fix anything even without much of anything to work with around.

Wish the same could be said of me. I'm just a looser. :D

• Members

I should be done with it Fall 08, I'll be 25. I didn't start until I was 19 and then I took a year and a half off. Been to three schools also, so all considered, I'm not really that off track.

I know what you mean about feeling a little old, the freshman stay the same age, but you just keep getting older....

• Members

I'm 27 and just made the decision to go back to school. I should have went when I graduated high school, but I made a lot of bad decisions then. I'm going to try and get an associates first and see what happens.

Archived