The Simpsons movie...

allan grossman

• Members

Just got home. A good time was had by all
:)

If you're a big Simpson's fan, go see it. If you're a casual fan, wait for it to come out on video.

That is all.

I'm a huge "early Simpsons" fan. The first 10 or so seasons were great. I think they've crapped themselves recently.

Yo.

• Members

I'm a huge "early Simpsons" fan. The first 10 or so seasons were great. I think they've crapped themselves recently.

Yo.

That's a pretty common opinion because they have gone downhill over the past... Eight to ten years.... Which is a long time to be suffering through bad episodes. Nothing in the previews so far have made me want to go see the movie, and I'm not a casual fan.

Sound familiar Apendecto? You said you saw it though?

• Members

That's a pretty common opinion because they have gone downhill over the past... Eight to ten years.... Which is a long time to be suffering through bad episodes. Nothing in the previews so far have made me want to go see the movie, and I'm not a casual fan.

Sound familiar Apendecto? You said you saw it though?

I haven't seen it and I'm not sure I will. It's so disappointing when you see a newer one, laugh at maybe one thing the whole episode, go to your DVD collection and throw in something from season 3 and piss your pants all night.

Yo.

• Members

I haven't seen it and I'm not sure I will. It's so disappointing when you see a newer one, laugh at maybe one thing the whole episode, go to your DVD collection and throw in something from season 3 and piss your pants all night.

Yo.

Exactly! It's that one-laugh-an-episode feeling. The trailers and TV spots looked the same way. So if you get one laugh out of a 20 or 30 minute episode, you're looking at 3-5 laughs for an entire movie (!)

In truth it's pretty sad when new writers run a great series straight into the ground. They had so much material to work with, but no, they turned The Simpsons into a very traditional sitcom with animated characters. No charm, no wit, no disfuctionality, just borrowed ideas. It's kinda like watching a rejected script from Friends each episode; the pretention factor is steadily rising.

• Members

they actually got the old writers from their "golden years" to write the screenplay for the movie... it's more of a really long, good episode than a movie. so, if you liked the old Simpsons, I recommend it

+1

It didn't suck.

:thu:

• Members

Just got home. A good time was had by all

If you're a big Simpson's fan, go see it. If you're a casual fan, wait for it to come out on video.

That is all.

+1... the GF and I saw it the other night, and while it was OK, the AC in the theater was worth admission on a really hot, muggy night after going out to dinner...

- georgestrings

• Members

Another thing that I've heard is the plot isn't in line with the series. Like the way they got married was different than an episode or something like that. I'm not sure if that's true, since I haven't seen the movie, but it would bug me if it was.

Yo.

• Members

Yo.

I hear this as much as I hear, "I like Metallica pre-Black album."

And my response is the same: I didn't like Simpsons before, less now. To each their own.

• Members

they actually got the old writers from their "golden years" to write the screenplay for the movie... it's more of a really long, good episode than a movie. so, if you liked the old Simpsons, I recommend it

Yeah, all of the old writers except for Conan O'Brien and Sam Simon, who were the funniest of the bunch. I'll wait for DVD. I used to LOVE The Simpsons. Now I don't even DVR it...

Archived