Lose the preamp and actives without compromising sound?

claypoolfan

• Moderators

I'm disappointed that the bolt-on doesn't have dual pickups like the neck thru. Stylistically, I really dig those basses. As far as the output being comparable to active preamps, Reverends have a pretty hot signal, as do some others, so I don't think the preamp would be necessary unless you really like tweaking your bass instead of your amp.

• Members

I'm disappointed that the bolt-on doesn't have dual pickups like the neck thru. Stylistically, I really dig those basses. As far as the output being comparable to active preamps, Reverends have a pretty hot signal, as do some others, so I don't think the preamp would be necessary unless you really like tweaking your bass instead of your amp.

I thought they looked pretty cool too. I think the key to their claims is that the pickups react to current rather voltage. They claim this makes for a better broad-band response, through the MHz.

Guess we'll have to wait 'till some of our members get to play one, to get the real low down.

• Members

A: what the hell is the deal with those knobs :freak:

2: the {censored}ing jack is on the BACK of the thing! :confused:

D: ALUMMITONE? you name your pups ALUMITONE like "man that tone is so sweet just like......... ALUMINUM??????"

E: why is the elec. cavity a triangle?

5: "3-way selector switches and a master switch for volume and tone"

i only see one switch there, and what exactly does a volume switch do?

G: why does the neck-thru have an extra cavity?

my god i can't belive how angry this is making me..... must... look... away.....

• Members

Loose two pounds by useing passive rather then active pups and eliminating the preamp, battery and active eq? Doesnt make sense that thered be significant weight diff between active and passive pups. And doesnt make sense that preamp would wiegh enough to be significant weight loss either. What're they useing concrete? Design wise isnt attractive to me. Reads more like smoke and mirrors advertising to me.

Archived