OT: Halloween is not too far away, best horror movies?

ivanthetrble

• Members

Attack of the Mushroom People - rare, but unbeliveable

Prince of Darkness - J. Carpenter's creepiest, plus an Alice Cooper cameo

The Thing - J. Carpenter Versions - darkest movie ever

+1 for Prince of Darkness. That was the first real horror movie I ever saw and it freaked me out! I haven't seen it since, but I would like to give it another watch and see if it is as scary as I remember.

• Members

the Shining, Halloween (the original and remake, even some of the sequels), of course the Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street series', Deep Red (check out lots of Dario Argento's work). Romero's Dead films are all excellent. Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 are both pretty good.

In case you hadn't guessed I'm a big horror movie nerd. I love most of 'em.

• Members

I love halloween for the naughty costumes parties.
:thu:

Dude, I went to a bar in Boulder last year for Halloween and there was a girl wearing a bra and panties... nothing else. It was cold out too. She wasn't exceptionally hot, but by the end of the night I probably would have given her my coat and taken her home. :o

• Members

the Shining, Halloween (the original and remake, even some of the sequels), of course the Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street series', Deep Red (check out lots of Dario Argento's work). Romero's Dead films are all excellent. Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 are both pretty good.

In case you hadn't guessed I'm a big horror movie nerd. I love most of 'em.

:thu:

• Members

Dude, I went to a bar in Boulder last year for Halloween and there was a girl wearing a bra and panties... nothing else. It was cold out too. She wasn't exceptionally hot, but by the end of the night I probably would have given her my coat and taken her home.
:o

I swear Haloween the perfect chance for these hos to get their freak on. Love it. :idea:

• Members

I Spit On Your Grave

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I knew someone would mention it. Great film, in all it's 70's style cheesiness. I always thought it felt like they ran out of money at the end and had to wrap it up too quickly. Still, great movie.

I'm a huge horror fan like brake is, so I've seen quite a few movies in that category. It all depends on what sub-genres you like. Gore, splatter films, slasher flicks, suspense, etc. Some people only the like type of horror films where everything in implied and the suspense makes you jump out of your seat. Some people like the more graphic kinds, where there aren't things that startle you but there are plenty of blood and guts thrown around.

Beware though, 'cause for every good horror movie made, there are at least a dozen bad ones.

More suggestions...

1. Dead Alive (be sure to get the unrated edition, as the R version cuts so much out the movie doesn't even make sense anymore)

2. Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness

3. Most things by "Full Moon Entertainment," a straight-to-video low budget studio. I like their Subspecies films as well as Castle Freak and Head of the Family

4. The Ring (US Remake. The sequel is okay but not as good)

5. The Grudge (US Remake. Lots of people hated it but I loved it. Haven't seen the poorly-reviewed sequel)

Archived