So of all the basses in this forum...

L-1329

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because of this thread I went up and played all three of my basses. I am so glad I have all of them. The SB2 is just amazing, the TF is incredibly sick, and the Streamer is just a funk machine. They all have super mojo, they look sexy as all hell, and they all sound different. Each one does something the other can't do....and that is why I love my collection.

dan

• Members
They all have super mojo, they look sexy as all hell, and they all sound different. Each one does something the other can't do....and that is why I love my collection.

dan

This is everything I strive for with owning instruments, couldn't have said it better myself.:thu:

• Members

So Dan, did someone buy the BTB1205?

Yeah someone did buy it...a local guy who was willing to give me what I was asking for it luckily. It worked out for the best because I was driving up to Seattle and he was on the way. I will miss that bass, it was so comfy to play. I just couldn't get past the 19mm string spacing. I've really found my likes and dislikes with basses. It's new to me and now that I know what I like you can bet my collection will be expanding:D

Dan

• Members

Terrible question L-1329. Terrible because it's hard to answer.

T-Allen's fretless Sting Ray is a joy to play.
BPOCAL's pink bass is really really nice.
Kindness has a white Fender that makes me think of Larry Graham.

But none of these would I feel comfortable doctoring on.

Cut a hole in that Fender and put a whammy bar in it? I'd die and find myself posted up in Hell with the people who like store-bought titties.

Robin's SX might be a bass I'd want; then design a new pickguard, change that neck pickup, maybe install an Aguilar preamp ...

• Members
For me, it would have to be an older bass since I could more easily find (if not pay for) something like a nice Lakland or newer G&L.

By reputation & looks (haven't played it), the 82 Daion.

But really, I'd probably like someone's nice upright.

I'm surprised that didn't come up on L-1329's list, given how much he was slobbering over it at the August meet in Chicago. ;)

Another one I'd love to have is Kungfusheriff's graphite-necked Alembic Series II.

8856.jpg

Archived